Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Iwa Iniki

Reaction score
Loved the Muppet Movie, but do not like Amy Adams. Why do they ruin movies by putting her in them?

:sleep:

Narpin

Reaction score
Loved the Muppet Movie, but do not like Amy Adams. Why do they ruin movies by putting her in them?

It's actually possible to dislike Amy Adams??? I don't believe it !!!

I love her. Despite the fact that the next 'Superman' movie sounds positively awful, I might see it just for her.

Marky

Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a long, long time. But after seeing the new movie on Thursday I decided to chirp in here about it.

I had absolutely NO spoilers coming into it. I learned my lesson a long time ago with the Star Wars prequels. I digested anything and everything related to those movies that Lucas allowed and didn't allow out about them. An you know what? That's why they call them spoilers. Not only did I glutton myself with info, I spoiled those movies for myself.

I gave myself a true gift with this movie and had only the trailers to go by. I feel bad for the people who couldn't enjoy it as much as I did by ruining it for themselves, plain and simple. Like the first reviewer here - saying it WOULD have been an 'A' but gave it a 'C-' because, to be blunt, he spoiled it for himself ahead of time. What a shame!!

For me this is simply the best Muppet film that's come out after Jim Henson's passing. Period. They hit it out of the park, and it had more heart than any movie I've seen in a long, long time. Bravo!!!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I had absolutely NO spoilers coming into it. I learned my lesson a long time ago with the Star Wars prequels.
The same thing happened to me with star wars and alot of recent films...thats the reason once clips came out i refused to watch them, because i wanted everything to be new when i saw it

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I haven't really chimed in on this yet because I've been busy with family visiting, and now most of the "I loved this part" stuff has been loved and loved and loved already. But here goes:

I LOVED THIS PART! (Insert whole movie here)

Sure, there's stuff that I could nitpick, and I thought the pacing was a little off or rushed for my tastes in places. But really--this was just a delightful movie. The movie I think the Muppets needed right now, and certainly the movie I needed from them. Bravo! :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Just got back from seeing The Muppets. I just have a 3 letter review:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwmckim

Reaction score

I think Amy Adams was well cast and i can see why Jason wanted her to be Mary from the beginning...a role like that is very hard to play because it's too easy for it to be a Mary Sue generic character that's just kind of a prop more than a character. It requires someone who can give it that added element where you feel like you know about who she is as well as someone who has the singing and dancing talent. There were many times she had me cracking up (especially during Me Party and her shot in We Built This City)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thought she was a good counterpoint to Piggy, actually. Piggy is, well, "dramatic", whereas Mary just calmly drops subtle and not-so-subtle hints about her needs.

Reaction score
I really loved it the first time, but the second was even better! I think the new voice actors did a fantastic job, aside from a couple Fozzie bits that have been previously mentioned. But that's OK. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to try to step into the shoes of these much-loved characters. I say well done.

The only part I really don't like is the Tex rap. That song is terrible, IMO. I'm so glad it didn't go on as long as the full song. Sheesh! I feel like Kermit kind of agrees when he says "You could have just said that" after. That made me laugh.

Anyway, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I hope it does well enough to keep the gang in the public eye!

CatsGotStuff

Reaction score
I LOVE THE MUPPETS AND I WANT TO SEE ANOTHER SHOW AFTER THIS AND I WANT TO SEE THEM BACK ON T.V.!! LONG LIVE THE MUPPETS!!!!!!!