Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Also, I was concerned by the fact that there were only 20 people in the audience. That said, it was beautiful to hear those people sing along with "Rainbow Connection" and the Muppet Show theme. :smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
One more thing: Would anyone be able to share the original script? I'd like to see how the film changed.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm actually seriously considering starting up Muppet Freak again where i finally tackle the series of articles i've wanted to do since the beginning comparing the movies script to scene....starting with The Muppets...debating some personal things/issues surrounding that...but yeah, i really want to explore something along those lines.

Some odd random Things To Be Mentioned:

For those who pay attention to things like this, the actual running time of the movie itself (not counting Toy Story, Disney logos) is 1 hr, 41 minutes.

I'm usually a "credits geek" but with all the stuff happening on screen, i totally ignored the first 1/3 of the credits and once that ended it took me a further couple moments to realize, "Oh yeah, i usually read these don't i?" I did notice that Jim Henson's Creature Shop was credited for all things for doing wardrobe!

TripleG

Reaction score
I saw the movie this evening and I thought it was great!

In a strange way, seeing all my favorite Muppets again with their zany antics, their meta humor, their absurdity, their lighthearted simplicity, & their heartfelt messages was really a breath of fresh air. In a world dominated by CGI Animation, Roughneck Action Movies, & Rated R Comedies, it was refreshing to see something so pure and something that was obviously a labor of love for those making it.

Narpin

Reaction score
I loved the movie. Great fun. The best Muppet project in years.

That being said, did anyone find the plot to be quite repetitive of 'It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie'?? Tex Richamn in place of Rachel Bitterman....trying to 'save the theater'...telethon in place of the Muppet Christmas Show....

And is Brian Henson no longer with the Muppets after the Disney Sale? Oz retired years ago, but I was surprised at Henson's lack of involvement. I guess he was one of those 'anonymous Muppet vets' who complained about the script. I was trying to figure out which Muppet vets had sat this one out, other than Oz. Seems like Henson, Kevin Clash, and Jerry Nelson.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Kevin didn't so much "sit it out" as his SST schedule (not only as Elmo but the various production hats he wears) interfered.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Seems like Henson, Kevin Clash, and Jerry Nelson.
Brain seems to have been trying to get the Henson Puppets to be their own thing aside from the Muppets, i know he has been involved in the puppet improv shows alot

Kevin is mostly at the Mercy of Elmo (and not in a bad way) he is so involved in sesame street that he probably couldnt make it being attached to the street

Jerrys been retired for some time now but he did record the voiceover you here during the muppet telethon