Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jason really wanted to put his Muppet likeness made by Henson during the filming of Forgetting Sarah Marshall into the movie. I think the whole song was an excuse for that. And it's just wonderfully done. Still, I kinda wanted a Where's Waldo like scene where you can spot his Dracula puppet in the background.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Still, I kinda wanted a Where's Waldo like scene where you can spot his Dracula puppet in the background.
I was definitely expecting a cameo from his Dracula puppet. I was a little let down when it never showed up.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
When I heard his Muppet likeness was in the movie, I thought it would be a background Whatnot resembling him. I hear there was one was resembling James Bobin in the movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Jason really wanted to put his Muppet likeness made by Henson during the filming of Forgetting Sarah Marshall into the movie. I think the whole song was an excuse for that. And it's just wonderfully done. Still, I kinda wanted a Where's Waldo like scene where you can spot his Dracula puppet in the background.
More proof ALL post Disney buyout Henson puppets are considered Muppets(Henson Alternative, Puppet Up, Stuffed and Unstrung, Pajanimals, etc), or at least to the fans.

I consider any non creature shop puppet JHC makes to be a muppet:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
i didn't know the jason segel muppet was made before the movie. thats cool. a henson made puppet got into the film!

dwmckim

Reaction score
So now i guess it's time for Jason Segel Muppet to get his own song - "Muppet or Henson Puppet?"

zoebell

Reaction score
is there any way to find that GMA interview somehow?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
is there any way to find that GMA interview somehow?
If there is, I haven't discovered it. There might be muppet archivists/hoarders out there who have it on VHS or on transcript, but not everyone is generous with their collection. I don't know if there's any way to put out an all-call to muppet fans, but if they really are a muppet fan and they aren't here at MC....well, the probability is small, I'm afraid.

Some of the old things seem to be lost forever.

Isn't it funny how things you WISH would go away on the internet will probably BE THERE is 50 years, but stuff you wish WAS available isn't always....

beaker

Reaction score
If there is, I haven't discovered it. There might be muppet archivists/hoarders out there who have it on VHS or on transcript, but not everyone is generous with their collection. I don't know if there's any way to put out an all-call to muppet fans, but if they really are a muppet fan and they aren't here at MC....well, the probability is small, I'm afraid.

Some of the old things seem to be lost forever.

Isn't it funny how things you WISH would go away on the internet will probably BE THERE is 50 years, but stuff you wish WAS available isn't always....
I never got the fan tape hoarders. I mean sure, in the 90's when I started vhs tape trading, it was kept more private and it was harder to do and took a lot of time.

But now everything is either a digital file or can be converted. Ive been more than happy to made dvdrs and sent out to people anything I had. I remember this one person claimed to have the 2002 Kermit/Pepe Fox pitch, but refused to trade me the file...yet somehow he wanted rare stuff I had that he didn't.

Sadly tho, I now realize only a tiny fraction of Muppet fans are on here...or even TP. Theyre out on facebook, but most people dont know of online Muppet sites.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I saw the movie today, and it was GREAT, but the Muppet Movie is still my favorite. Walter was a great new character, proably the best since all the way back to Rizzo. I wish they could've used both Rizzo and Annie Sue Pig in the movie, I would've liked to see them more than Wayne and Wanda. Don't get me wrong, they're great characters, but not my favorites. Tex Richman was a great villian. Manical Laugh! It was nice seeing Uncle Deadly again, and Rowlf's hammock scene was hilarious. "Classy."