Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
On a positive note, the internal structure of the theatre is much better than the one in VMX! Yeah, the balconies are a little off and it's way bigger, but it works.
Not sure if you know this, but that's because it was the Paris Opera House set from the original Phantom of the Opera.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not sure if you know this, but that's because it was the Paris Opera House set from the original Phantom of the Opera.
I did not know that! But my love for that movie has just increased even MORE! So that set has had a crashing chandelier AND a crashing pig fly over its seats before!

Space Muppet

Reaction score
My two cents on the film:

They could've done it without Jason & Amy entirely, just showing a montage of Walter growing up with an anonymous human family. It was too human-heavy in spots, seeing the big musical numbers with no Muppets present seemed odd to me.

I'm not crazy about some of the new voices.

Not sure who's building the puppets now, but some of 'em didn't look so good.

HATED the villain. What a boring performance.

Not enough big-name celebrity cameos. Remember all the BIG stars who were in the 1st film?

I rented it & watched it, don't think I'll be buying a copy.

Space Muppet

Reaction score
I'm not one of these knee-jerk people who absolutely love everything the Muppets do. Sorry if that bothers anyone. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I did not know that! But my love for that movie has just increased even MORE! So that set has had a crashing chandelier AND a crashing pig fly over its seats before!
There was this part in a documentary on the classic Universal Horror movies where they show the set and its covered with a plastic shroud. Someone yells 'Action!', it drops and I freak out when I realize that the call-takers' balcony was smack-dab in the middle of the screen. Then, they confirmed it in the Scratching the Surface documentary and, needless to say, I had a major geek-out moment. :electric:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm not one of these knee-jerk people who absolutely love everything the Muppets do. Sorry if that bothers anyone. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
And your entitled to your opinion no one is knocking you for it. All I said was to each their own. A lot of us like everything the muppets have done so I hope you'll also respect the ones that do as well.

Kelso

Reaction score
I loved it.

The weakest parts of the film were the Gary & Mary story line (which never seemed to gel with the rest of the film) and Tex Richman, but my enjoyment of the rest of the film was overwhelming enough to make my criticisms fairly irrelevant.

And my five year old daughter loved it as well! She's fixated on Miss Poogy!