Your Thoughts: The Muppets Take The O2, July 13-14th 2018

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
i'm so happy of the electric mayhem performed there!! Lips did amazing!!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Not much more to add than what's been posted here.

What I will say is that I have never been so confident that The Muppets are match-ready for a new Muppet Show. Their interaction with the guests, their pre-recorded skits, their musical numbers. All fantastic.

BUT...

It pains me to say that Matt Vogel is not working as Kermit. It's not the voice - I thought that was pretty good on the night. It's that Kermit's personality is just not there. He was like a robot. I felt Scooter was holding the whole thing together rather than the main man (frog).

The show was fantastic - better than my wildest dreams, but it outshone its star.
Finally someone other than me noticed this about Kermit.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
After hearing that Peter Linz got to sing Piggy's Fantasy in the Hollywood Bowl concert, I'm glad that I found a clip of it at this concert:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the only thing I haven't seen any video / photos of is Wayne and Wanda's stuff. Anyone find anything with them?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
David's been doing Wayne and Julianne as Wanda.

Also interesting from today's ToughPigs write up is that they only had three days of rehearsal for this in the arena. That explains a lot of the repeats and the presence of Bobby; there was no time to do anything vastly different.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
David's been doing Wayne and Julianne as Wanda.

Also interesting from today's ToughPigs write up is that they only had three days of rehearsal for this in the arena. That explains a lot of the repeats and the presence of Bobby; there was no time to do anything vastly different.
To be fair, I don't think they had that many days either to rehearse at the Hollywood Bowl. We know that they've been rehearsing the show for a while now, just not on that exact stage.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
So glad it did well, hope they do major cities in every state eventually that would be amazing

Whataday

Reaction score
For anyone not familiar with Bobby, he was on a show called SNL (Saturday Night Live) and recently appeared in a short lived CBS show titled Me Myself & I.
I think most Brits are familiar with SNL (in fact we used to have our own version, Friday Night Live in the 80s), but I don't think people are that familiar with the SNL cast. If they'd introduced him as "From Saturday Night Live..." it might have added a bit more oomph.

Regardless according to Kirk Thatcher the director the shows were pretty close to being sold out.
That's being slightly economical with the definition of "sold out" The upper tiers of the arena were closed and hidden behind a big black curtain, which significantly reduced the capacity. Anyone that bought upper tier tickets were upgraded to the lower tiers. Therefore, most of the arena appeared to be full.

Having said that, it's a huge arena (about the same as Madison Square Gardens and Staples Center) so even at the reduced capacity it would have been about 12,000 seats sold.

If they'd gone with Wembley Arena they'd have sold out each show.