Your Thoughts: The Muppets Take The O2, July 13-14th 2018

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
It's nearly here the muppets take on thier Third live show and the first outside the USA.
This is a place for those Going and those interested to discuss the show

I'm going Saturday afternoon and I'm buzzing

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing online, it's mostly repeat performances of the stuff they did at the Hollywood Bowl.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
According to Dwayne, Rizzo's at the concert. I hope video services so we can figure out who plays him.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And apparently Bobby Moynihan was back to the guest star again...that's odd, no announcement was made about it. Did they not want to waste the recordings they made with him?

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I'm not sure where Rizzo was. I certainly didn't see him.

Also, I have it under very good authority that about 1/3 of the show is different from the Hollywood Bowl ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke

Reaction score
The show was absolutely brilliant, really top class. Just felt totally like The Muppet Show "Live".

No Rizzo, even though they had been saying on his social media he was there. The main muppeteers were Bill, Dave, Eric, Matt and Peter. Mike Quinn and Ryan Dillon were among the supporting cast.

A good chunk of the show was new and different to the Hollywood Bowl but yes quite a lot was either repeated exactly or tweaked slightly and the script around it was more or less the same with Kermit & Scooter - I don't want to spoil it for anyone with too much detail but there is a lot of British themed content - musical numbers, sketches (Pigs In Space/Doctor Who crossover), and some of the Mupfronts viral videos were takes on current British TV shows. The Electric Mayhem's animated graphics were all British landmarks and symbols.

Bobby Moynihan is indeed the guest host which is strange as few people in the UK have any idea who he is and just felt a bit out of place when you had Kylie and David Tennant there who are way more familiar to people.

Kylie didn't do Especially For You with Kermit as most people had been assuming, she did Mahna Mahna and Rainbow Connection. Charles Dance danced with Pepe, Kevin Bishop did a sketch with the Swedish Chef but they never referenced MTI at all. The parade of obscure characters had a few different surprises than the Hollywood Bowl.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Why Bobby though? They could've at least gotten somebody from the UK to do it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Humm.. sounds like it was a mix of good and ok. Someone on here said that Rizzo would be there, and again with Kevin Bishop there it would honestly make sense. I'm shocked there was not even a nod to Treasure Island.....