Your Thoughts: The Muppets on the Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong on Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday night tune in and watch Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, and comedian Fortune Feimster sing "Unpack Your Adjectives" on the "Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong" on ABC at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central. The episode will also be available to stream the next day on Hulu and Disney+.

Other star performances will include:
  • Black Eyed Peas – “Three Is A Magic Number”
  • Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert – “Figure 8”
  • Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen – “I’m Just a Bill”
  • Julianne Hough – “Interplanet Janet”
  • Ne-Yo – “Verb: That’s What’s Happening”
  • Raven Symoné and Kal Penn – “Interjections”
  • Retta – “Ready or Not, Here I Come”
  • Shaquille O’Neal and Boys & Girls Club of Atlanta – “Conjunction Junction”
  • Stars from Disney’s Broadway and touring productions – “A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing”

If you saw the Muppets on the "Schoolhouse Rock! 50th Anniversary Singalong" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Glad that this will be available on Disney+. The article for 2023 on the Disney Wiki stated only Hulu so that's why I watched it on ABC tonight.

Interplanet Janet starting the special made me smile, both the singer and pace matched the original.

Maybe it's the fact I'm getting it in small doses, but I'm okay with Matt's Kermit voice. He did a good job with "Unpack Your Adjectives".

You knew "Three's A Magic Number" had to be included. What I'm unhappy with was that the other songs from Multiplication Rock that were performed: "Ready Or Not", and "Figure Eight" got edited. Figure Eight had its second verse completely dropped. But "Ready Or Not" suffered worse edits, missing the second runthrough of Retta counting by 5's to 120 or what should have been her singing that part, the counting by 5's with fingers up to 85, and comparing it to needing only three more nickels to make a dollar to get to the last counting by 5's runthrough.

Also, "Conjunction Junction" aired more as a background filler music/original footage deal and they gave a sneak preview of "Pronouns" but that never aired during the special. Maybe they're included in a longer extended version of the special that'll be on Hulu and Disney+ tomorrow.

Overall, as an SHR alumn, I give this a 3 out of 5 and that's because I want to be positive rather than negative.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Meh, I would've enjoyed the 50th anniversary special more had they just re-aired the originals. :big_grin:

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I really liked Kermit and Fozzie’s part. The “I’m Just A Bill” cover wasn’t bad, either.

datman24

Reaction score
I don't understand why people were expecting to see the actual cartoons. They can watch them online for free. And I guess Kermit and Fozzie's bit was fine. I was just happy to see Kermit sing something other than "Rainbow Connection" for the umpteenth time.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I wasn't "expecting" to see the actual cartoons (and I'm not sure anyone else was either). I think what they were "expecting" was something better than what they actually aired.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the sentiment that we weren't expecting to get the original animated segments but rather something better than what we actually got. Again, the good points for me were the performances of Interplanet Janet, Unpack Your Adjectives, and Three's A Magic Number. But I was left majorly disappointed with the remainder as a whole. Meh, I'll just shrug it off and move on.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's Kermit, Fozzie Bear, and Fortune Feimster performing "Unpack Your Adjectives" from the Schoolhouse Rock special.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something else now I watched Unpack Your Adjectives. What exactly was the subplot with Fozzie that got Miss Fortune cross with him?

BTW: Anyone else but me have the thought that a couple of critics were watching this and singing...
"He was a Fozzie Bear.
He was an unfunny bear.
Oh how we're glad not to be there."