Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... The special usually starts at 8 PM EST (9 PM my time). The first act was Joy To The World sung by Aretha Franklin. Saw the Muppets perform It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. They just lit the tree and it's over. Meh. :boo:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i heard some local affiliates got an exta hour pre-show and thats when the EM were on, the actual main show just had the main Muppet gang singing "Most Wonderful Time" which looked pre-recorded earlier and inserted to me. Still great though.

It's lovely to see them on something like this, where they should be, and i hope we get to see the pre-show repeated online.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Although I didn't get to see The Electric Mayhem, though it sounds like it was a good appearance, I thoroughly enjoyed the Muppets appearance. It's nice to bring in the holiday season with the Muppets at the helm.

I really loved the new version of the song. It was good to hear Gonzo, Rizzo, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, and Pepe all get to sing a couple lines individually and together! So awesome! :smile:

Thanks Disney and NBC!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Agreed, I enjoyed seeing everybody get in on the action for that song. Very well done indeed!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Aw man, that really pigs me off that only certain stations showed the first part - and that not only did i miss seeing one of the Muppets' acts but that i missed out on LIPS! I mean, in the Muppets world seeing Lips back with the EM is huge! That's like George Michael performing with Andrew Ridgely again and being pre-empted!

I'm also kind of miffed that NBC didn't even bother to show a LTS commercial during it. Seems that woulda been a no-brainer since not only was this a special that the Muppets were in, but hosted by Jane K who has a major part in it. Yeah, they mentioned it in the special but seeing an actual commercial for it woulda been nice. Especially since the airing taking place in two days was a last-minute-after-the-tv-guides-were-printed scheduling change. (And sure, maybe like the EM, there may have been a commercial during the first hour, but shouldn't there have been one during the hour that aired everywhere?)