Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not using it either...I still kept mine in the box it came in though to protect it and I just like the box. Lol! It's in my closet all nice and safe! :big_grin:

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Hello, Phillip! Thanks for the nice in depth review. Your review was more helpful and extensive than others I'd seen online. Until today, I did not know there even was a ToysRUs 3D poster version/exclusive! I've been hornswoggled! :attitude: Was it as difficult compiling and comparing the different variations of this release for a review as it was to actually finding and tracking down specific versions of this release in stores? I still have not seen the DVD with soundtrack version in person. No wonder nobody voted for that one in the poll above.

Not that I buy a lot of movies, but I personally have never seen such a difficult to get Blu-ray/DVD! Worse than the Twilight films! I've counted at least 10 different variations of this release. I finally got a copy of the version I wanted yesterday, but it was not an easy find. :search: Several of the Muppets cardboard promotional display shelves in many of the local stores I visited were NOT stocked with "The Muppets", but rather "Lady and the Tramp". While that may have been the stores themselves doing that, the marketing/distribution on this DVD has been horrendous, in my opinion. I'm glad it's the top selling DVD again this week. But a movie would sell that much better if it was actually available. Hopefully Disney learns and it will be a different story with the next Muppet film. :super:

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Even though I don't have a BluRay player, I bought the DVD/BluRay pack so that whenever the magical day comes when I can afford to upgrade to BluRay (or just manage to find a friend with BluRay and a HD TV to let me watch it at their house, whichever comes first) I will be prepared!! Very first BluRay purchase, of course it would be Muppets. :smile:

But, I did very much enjoy the blooper reel. I just about wet my pants at the part where Jason Segel admonishes 80's Robot to keep his "eyes on the road!!!" and 80's Robot replies "Chill, fools!" Something about that just cracks me up so hard. I love 80's Robot!

Hayley B

Reaction score
Still think Muppets Takes Manhattan is the best. But I did like this movie. I question about what lead to Jack Black & Animal to think Animal shouldn't play or think of drums? But the two made a great team.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody has purchased or tried to purchase every version of the Muppets DVD and Blu-ray.