Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Hi, I may be stupid here but why does it say that the debut number for characters like Afghan Hound for instance is 214 and Beaker is no 202, when there was only 120 Muppet episodes made. I hav seen this high number mention before but cant figure out why, im sure i'm an idiot.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Hi, I may be stupid here but why does it say that the debut number for characters like Afghan Hound for instance is 214 and Beaker is no 202, when there was only 120 Muppet episodes made. I hav seen this high number mention before but cant figure out why, im sure i'm an idiot.

214 means like season 2 episode 14

Muppet Master

Reaction score
can't find it at my library or any stores, but does anyone know what the price is?

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Don't know what the price was when I got it, but I do know a couple Barnes and Nobles around the state have it for sale.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think so. More likely, he's referring to the two-page spreads of Kermit saying "Time's fun when you're having flies" and Animal saying "Eat drums!".
Yeah, those spreads are kinda useless. But then there's a few different kinds of two-page spreads.

There are the two-page spreads with big images, mainly from Muppets Most Wanted (and a few from The Muppets), and a little box of text. It's a shame there's no such spreads from the other movies.

And then there's those useless ones mentioned above, with "Eat Drums!" and such.

And then there's a few spreads that involve characters. Most of them have a typical character page, and then there's a page next to it, usually with one fairly small image and a small text box, with most of the page being a blank-colored background. It's a shame they didn't just make the other page like the average character page, with more info (though some of those characters aren't quite major enough for that). One exception that's great is the spread for Constantine, where the second page is a big wanted poster for him.

Craig Shemin mentioned certain spreads that occur just because they had to take a character out. But would this mean they also took another character out, just because that character was on a page right next to a character who had to not have a page?

Those "Eat Drums" and "Time's Fun" pages should have been taken out in favor of pages for At the Dance, Bear on Patrol, The Swedish Chef's dishes, and/or Muppet News (that might be a little redundant with the Newsman having a page, but it's just as redundant as having an Electric Mayhem page in addition to giving each member their own page, or a Muppet Labs page when Bunsen and Beaker already have pages).

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Yeah, those spreads are kinda useless. But then there's a few different kinds of two-page spreads.

There are the two-page spreads with big images, mainly from Muppets Most Wanted (and a few from The Muppets), and a little box of text. It's a shame there's no such spreads from the other movies.

And then there's those useless ones mentioned above, with "Eat Drums!" and such.

And then there's a few spreads that involve characters. Most of them have a typical character page, and then there's a page next to it, usually with one fairly small image and a small text box, with most of the page being a blank-colored background. It's a shame they didn't just make the other page like the average character page, with more info (though some of those characters aren't quite major enough for that). One exception that's great is the spread for Constantine, where the second page is a big wanted poster for him.

Craig Shemin mentioned certain spreads that occur just because they had to take a character out. But would this mean they also took another character out, just because that character was on a page right next to a character who had to not have a page?

Those "Eat Drums" and "Time's Fun" pages should have been taken out in favor of pages for At the Dance, Bear on Patrol, The Swedish Chef's dishes, and/or Muppet News (that might be a little redundant with the Newsman having a page, but it's just as redundant as having an Electric Mayhem page in addition to giving each member their own page, or a Muppet Labs page when Bunsen and Beaker already have pages).
In that case, let's hope that most, if not all, of those spreads get taken out (especially the useless "eat drums" and "time's fun" ones) and replaced with pages more and different characters (especially the ones that were cut from the existing one at the last minute, like 80s Robot and Droop) if Craig Shemin ever gets to write an updated version of the book.

And in regards to Droop, if they can have both Muppy and Rufus in the same book, why not Droop and Nigel the Director? Seems like a double standard, if you ask me. :confused:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I think if they do an updated version of this book, they could add these characters:
-Spotted Dick
-80's Robot
-One-Eyed Jack
-Calico
-Blind Pew
-Black Dog
-Gaffer
-Svengali
-Vendaface
-Trumpet Girl
-Undertaker
-Carter
-Jill
-Bill
-Gil
-Zondra
-Zippity Zap
-Chip
-Droop
The fact that those characters didn't get character sections is sad. It's also disappointing that the closest Droop and Carter ever got to appearing in that book are small bits and snippits

Last edited: