Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just a question, do the bonus features have chapters and subtitles?
Theres no chapters..There are subtitles on "Muppets on Puppets" will have to check the others..

EDIT: there are subtitles on the other bonus features as well.

ploobis

Reaction score
Can anybody tell us what the back of the DVD box set looks like?

What kind of Muppet pictures are on the back of the box?

Just curious, And excited! :smile: :wink: :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's a shame that Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson weren't interviewed for the features. Jerry Nelson has participated in interviews on the Fragle Rock sets, and I'm sure that Disney could have gotten Frank to participate in an interview of sorts.
Funny you should mention this, because Franks Oz implied in a resent interview that he was not even aware that the show was even being released on season sets.:coy:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Can anybody tell us what the back of the DVD box set looks like?

What kind of Muppet pictures are on the back of the box?

Just curious, And excited! :smile: :wink: :big_grin:
Animal and Kermit are looking out of a brown curtain, thats it. The inside cassete has a photo with red seats that has various muppets sitting in them. Note that the pictures of the characters are pictures edited in, it's very poorly made, and theres a lot of difference to the quality of the pictures they pasted together...the image they used for Rizzo are from Muppets Tonight, he has the headset on.

I don't have my scanner at hand right now otherwise I would have scanned it and posted it here.

Jabber

Reaction score
Which one is Amazon selling?

The review mentions that there are two versions of the cover (one with the felt "bearskin" and one just printed/shiny). Amazon's product page doesn't say which one they are selling. Does anyone know?

ploobis

Reaction score
Animal and Kermit are looking out of a brown curtain, thats it. The inside cassete has a photo with red seats that has various muppets sitting in them. Note that the pictures of the characters are pictures edited in, it's very poorly made, and theres a lot of difference to the quality of the pictures they pasted together...the image they used for Rizzo are from Muppets Tonight, he has the headset on.

I don't have my scanner at hand right now otherwise I would have scanned it and posted it here.
Thats ok, Buddy. I can wait to see it on Tuesday when I pick it up. :wink:

I'm still so excited about this DVD set!

One of the things I'm looking forward to seeing is Dr. Teeth singing "Mack The Knife" (The UK bit) from the Lesley Ann Warren episode! :big_grin:

ploobis

Reaction score
Funny you should mention this, because Franks Oz implied in a resent interview that he was not even aware that the show was even being released on season sets.:coy:
Is that interview on Youtube?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Is that interview on Youtube?
I think the interview William is talking about was done for an internet blog or news site of some kind when Frank's movie "Death at a Funeral" was coming out, so no, I highly doubt it's on YouTube. :stick_out_tongue: If you want to find said interview I think you could search through either Muppet Headlines, Muppet Appearances, or Henson People. Just type in Frank Oz Interview and it's bound to pop up somewhere.:wisdom:

Davina

Reaction score
got mine today! (speedy amazon order.. wasn't expecting it so soon...)
cover is the fuzzy one. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but the cover art is very nice. bi-fold instead of tri- fold like the first one. instead of an episode guide insert, it's printed on the back.