• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. The show debuts on PBS next Sunday at 7|6c and an official DVD is on the way.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I think Gonzo will most likely be on the cover of Season 4, after that I think it will be somewhat of a close call between Scooter and Animal. Or maybe even Rowlf. I'm really really hoping it will be Scooter. As a Scooter fan, I think it would be super cool to have him on one of the covers. Give the go-fer some more recognition so to speak :wink:

Gonzo deserves season 4, think about 'main muppets' his name normally comes up. i too am a Scooter fan and he should have season 5, you see him in every episode once he becomes the go-fer. [he's important i say!] Rowlf should also have a chance, i like him, he's a major muppet, but i do not want Animal [i know i've said it before] he's a backgrownd character, i don't mind him, but he's shouldn't have a DVD cover [though he probably will] if they want him on the cover, they should have a group shot of The Electric Meyham, since Dr. Teeth, or Janice or Floyde are more often seen. hech, Statler and Waldorf should be on a cover before Animal. Animal's like dr. honeydew and beaker, people like them, they know them, but the show can still manage without them

i'll stop talking now :wink:

Fluffets

Reaction score
I want to take the time to find out who's voice, obviously Franks, was that stage-hand.
"Who want's ta know?"
"We're not ready."
"Who?"
I have a sneaking suspiction, it's Cookie Monster.
Really?:confused: I always thought it was Fozzie:embarrassed:, sounds a bit like Fozzie doing his John Wayne impression!:smile:

Fluffets

Reaction score
In my opinion it is possibly the best season, had it not been for Beuregard and Annie Sue!:mad: I like the addition of Gladys and Lew Zealand though.:big_grin: But Patrol Bear was a bit much with the already-packed line-up of sketches , and also I prefer the original Pigs In Space intro to the shorter one, overall it was great if not for a thing or two to complain about.:smile:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Gonzo deserves season 4, think about 'main muppets' his name normally comes up. i too am a Scooter fan and he should have season 5, you see him in every episode once he becomes the go-fer. [he's important i say!] Rowlf should also have a chance, i like him, he's a major muppet, but i do not want Animal [i know i've said it before] he's a backgrownd character, i don't mind him, but he's shouldn't have a DVD cover [though he probably will] if they want him on the cover, they should have a group shot of The Electric Meyham, since Dr. Teeth, or Janice or Floyde are more often seen. hech, Statler and Waldorf should be on a cover before Animal. Animal's like dr. honeydew and beaker, people like them, they know them, but the show can still manage without them
I completely agree with you there. I do love those characters (especially Beaker, Janice, Floyd & Dr. Teeth) but in The Muppet Show at least, Scooter did get more screen time than them overall. Although saying that, Scooter doesn't seem to show on a lot of merchandise these days. To my knowledge anyway. I remember seeing this Muppet Show poster recently, I think it was a door poster and to my surprise, Scooter wasn't even on it!

I should probably stop now before I go on forever :wink:

Quesal

Reaction score
I can definitely see Gonzo for season 4. I can think of more than one option for Season 5...Rowlf, Animal, maybe Beaker...