Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though the release date is still a week away, we have an advance review of The Muppet Show Season 3 DVD box set. From the 24 episodes to the bonus features, find out all the details you’ve wanted to know about The Muppet Show Season 3.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/tms_season_3.shtml

Save 35% and get free shipping! Since most all of us will be getting The Muppet Show Season 3, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping. Amazon’s orders are already beginning to ship so you’ll get your copy very soon.

Post here and let us know what you think about the long-awaited Muppet Show Season 3 box set.

ploobis

Reaction score
WOW! AWESOME!:smile:

I can't wait to pick up the DVD set the day it's released! :wink:

David French

Reaction score
Don't ask me when it comes out Region 4 'cause I don't know (I'm guessing July/August). In the meantime a couple of questions:

1. Which version(s) of the end credits are used on the set?

2. Am I right in assuming that the original end shots from the Harry Belafonte, Loretta Lynn and Roger Miller episodes have been replaced?

zns

Reaction score
Sounds like Disney came through with this set. My birthday is in July, so I will ask my parents to buy it for me then. Anyway, great review Phil. :smile: :smile: :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's good to know that the set is uncut. Last night I prayed for one of three things to happen today: for me to find a review that confirms that the episodes are uncut (the prayer that's been answered), to find an official announcement for Sesame Street: Old School Volume 3, or to find an official announcement (and confirmed release date) for the rumored "Jim Henson's Early Works" DVD set. I'm glad that my prayers have been answered.

I guess that the set doesn't contain any previews for any Muppet releases that we weren't previously aware of.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does the featurette focus exclusively on The Muppet Show, or does it also mention the movies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and other things as well? Does it feature any Mupet Show clips that have not been released on DVD yet?

Thank goodness that the set (aparantly) includes the songs Happy Birthday and Somewhere Over the Rainbow, two songs that I was concerned would be cut.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
This will be the first season I bought of the muppet show. I hope season 1 and 2 go on sale when S3 comes out then i can get all 3 :excited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Which version(s) of the end credits are used on the set?
The US version of the credits (center screen) are on most episodes. The exception is the Harry Belafonte episode which has left justified credits.

2. Am I right in assuming that the original end shots from the Harry Belafonte, Loretta Lynn and Roger Miller episodes have been replaced?
The closing credits are specific for those episodes (and also Spike Milligan), however, if you mean the closing shot of Zoot, yes that is the same one on every episode to reflect the Muppets Holding Company copyright.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the featurette focus exclusively on The Muppet Show, or does it also mention the movies, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and other things as well? Does it feature any Mupet Show clips that have not been released on DVD yet?
The focus is on the Muppet Show. The featurette is only ten minutes after all. Some clips from the "Of Muppets and Men" documentary are included along with a few first season scenes as the cast is discussing character development. Many of the clips shown though are from the third season.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Something I noticed wasn't mentioned in the review, though I think it was in the last two... what images appear on the DVDs themselves? Is the disc art available anywhere to view?