Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Beauregard

Reaction score
Don't count on it. As I said, we're being secretive on this one. It won't be revealed until Issue 1 hits stands.
At least it had BETTER not (gives Boom!'s marketing dept the stink-eye...)
*puts down invasive mind probe for fear of getting the stink-eye*

Amy

Reaction score
I adore Peter's work (and it really goes without saying, Amy's).
Welp, according to Tough Pigs, Pete Savieri thinks my art is 'wishy washy'.

I dare say he doesn't have QUITE the deadline I do when he does his perfect pencil renderings.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Welp, according to Tough Pigs, Pete Savieri thinks my art is 'wishy washy'.
... Ouch!

Personally, I love what I've seen of your work. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to buy any of the Pan comics yet. I have to wait for the paperbacks for budget reasons. But, I adore your style from what I've seen of the previews. ... And especially love your Disney Princesses desktop background. :flirt:

Amy

Reaction score
... Ouch!

Personally, I love what I've seen of your work. But, I adore your style from what I've seen of the previews. ... And especially love your Disney Princesses desktop background. :flirt:
Thank you, and honestly, I didn't mention it to trigger a mountain of reassuring praise or anything like that. Can't please everybody etc.
Just stung a little considering I DO like his drawings very much and I work my butt off on those comics to do the best I can in the time I have.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I mention it because I haven't mentioned it before and I don't really think I've been involved in this thread much at all, actually.

:smile::insatiable::smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm an Amy supporter!

I see what Amy's trying to do with the Muppet models. She's creating full-bodied characters in a variety of perspectives and that requires filling in a lot of gaps! Peter's Miss Piggy is excellent in every way, but I doubt it would pass Disney's revisionist look of her. That's part of his point.

However, as spectacular as his Miss Piggy is, his Gonzo is four-fingered and quite structurally incorrect. (I'm as picky on the weirdo as he is on the pig.) I'm sure he could give him the star treatment if he wanted to, but Amy has trumped him with Gonzo and the most of the other character designs. His Janice is perfection.

Amy's art of Pepe greatly improved between issues. He's tough to nail, especially without a wealth of resources. The prawn is not graphic friendly.

I have every confidence in Amy's direction. I would like to see a sprinkle more squash and stretch elasticity in the forms, but that's a personal choice. Much of what she draws blows my socks off. In other words...Amy owes me many pairs of socks. Argyle is fine. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow ok lets step back from that drama and talk about something else. I'm going to be getting some money from my taxes this year and I want to get the Muppet comics. Now here is my question, what would be the best way to get all of the Muppet Show, Muppet Peter Pan, Muppet Robin Hood, and is there a Muppets king Aurther? Anyways what would be the best way to get thses now, if I still can.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If you're getting them at this stage, i'd reccomend the trade paperbacks - better value, easier to find, and less individual books to hunt down. Plus you'll have bonuses in the from of cover galleries or the extra stuff in the first collection.

Then maybe the actual comic books of the more recent issues that hasn't yet come out in book collection form.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Agreed. I got the initial series, but forgot to order the first Robin Hood comic... and it sold out. Since then, the only issue I've bought is the Pigs in Space comic. Soooo, as soon as I have the money too, I intend to purchase the trade paper backs. I'd rather have those anyway.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wait there is a Pigs in Space comic as well? Wow I really have a whole lot of catching up to do! I'm going to go to Boom's web site and see whats going on.