Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Piggy IS very hard to draw and give her the emotional range that she has. Indeed, when you're drawing ANY of the Muppets, there's a very fine line between just copying them from life and giving them JUST a touch of tooniness to give them some acting ability on paper.
If you copy them too closely from, say, screencaps, they tend to look stiff.
You've probably noticed with Piggytink that I play with her eyelids sometimes to imply frowning.

Pete Savieri's stuff IS very good indeed, but (i think) a little too 'perfect'. As single pinup images, they're awesome, and these are just the kind of Piggy pictures I'd love to do more of. But I don't know if he could 'unlock' Piggy from her default face if she had to act.
Like frogboy said, he'd be great for still or cover images.
I adore Peter's work (and it really goes without saying, Amy's). A few months ago (and for all those that have heard this and think "change the record, Stuart" - stop reading now:stick_out_tongue:), Drew Struzan gave me an absolutely priceless piece of advice when it came to illustrating the Muppets (albeit in a realistic fashion) which was "treat them like they are creatures, give them a skeleton, joints, etc and you will bring them alive". I thought that was sheer genius from a sheer genius!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I adore Peter's work (and it really goes without saying, Amy's). A few months ago (and for all those that have heard this and think "change the record, Stuart" - stop reading now:stick_out_tongue:), Drew Struzan gave me an absolutely priceless piece of advice when it came to illustrating the Muppets (albeit in a realistic fashion) which was "treat them like they are creatures, give them a skeleton, joints, etc and you will bring them alive". I thought that was sheer genius from a sheer genius!
I miss your updates. :sympathy: <----(sad rowlf)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to a blog comment from Roger Langridge, the guest stars storyarc will come later, and issues #4-7 will be called "Family Reunion". I wonder who's family reunion it will be (Kermit's? Piggy's? Every main characters?).

Amy

Reaction score
According to a blog comment from Roger Langridge, the guest stars storyarc will come later, and issues #4-7 will be called "Family Reunion". I wonder who's family reunion it will be (Kermit's? Piggy's? Every main characters?).
I'll field that one, as I'll be drawing it.

Not telling ;p

Drtooth

Reaction score

Sherri Netherland's? :insatiable:

Amy

Reaction score
I didn't neccessarily ask whose it is, but I'm sure it'll be revealed in press releases soon enough.

Don't count on it. As I said, we're being secretive on this one. It won't be revealed until Issue 1 hits stands.
At least it had BETTER not (gives Boom!'s marketing dept the stink-eye...)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't count on it. As I said, we're being secretive on this one. It won't be revealed until Issue 1 hits stands.
At least it had BETTER not (gives Boom!'s marketing dept the stink-eye...)
Are you talking baout the first issue of this one (which would be #4), or issue #1 of the "On the Road" storyline?