Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Roger Langridge's blog, after issue four of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson the Muppet Show comics will stop renumbering their issues every four issues. The Pigs in Space comic will be issue #0, and then they will go back to number 1 but not renumber after issue 4.

And he mentioned that the next storyarc will be titled "On the Road". I don't know how that would fit with the Muppet Show setting, and I don't know how I feel about the comics continuing to have storyarcs when they don't get renumbered every 4 issues.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And he mentioned that the next storyarc will be titled "On the Road". I don't know how that would fit with the Muppet Show setting, and I don't know how I feel about the comics continuing to have storyarcs when they don't get renumbered every 4 issues.
I think an on the Road setting would work fine, and break up the monotony of having the same exact theater setting issue after issue. I thought taking the story outside of the theater in the Miss Piggy issue was just amazing and bold. And it still had the same format. I;m sure that as the comic evolves even further, we'll see more bold and innovative stuff keeping every issue fresh.

And I think issue 2 of Peg Leg Wilson is due this week...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think an on the Road setting would work fine, and break up the monotony of having the same exact theater setting issue after issue. I thought taking the story outside of the theater in the Miss Piggy issue was just amazing and bold. And it still had the same format. I;m sure that as the comic evolves even further, we'll see more bold and innovative stuff keeping every issue fresh.

And I think issue 2 of Peg Leg Wilson is due this week...
I think the On the Road thing is an epically awesome thing. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Imagine taking the Mayhem bus for a cross-country road show. How cool would that be?

And Peg Leg 2 is due out on the 26th. Prawnie mucho excited. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Comic Book Resources posted preview for The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson #2 (as well as the trade paperback of the first four issues). It looks good so far.... It includes appearances by Annie Sue Pig, the hillbilly singer from "Put Another Log on the Fire" (joined by a few hillbillies I don't recognize), the comic's second Muppet News segment, and a new performance by Mahna Mahna and the Snowths.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Boom's new covers for Peg Leg 4 are fantastic too!:eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't think of the fact that an "On the Road" storyline could possibly be about the Muppets going on tour. And if that's the case, then I bet the opening spreads will be of the tour bus.

Another thign that just dawned on me, regarding the storyarc despite the numbering system being ongoing: Roger Langridge probably worked on a storyarc expecting Boom to continue renumbering after every four issues, and most work was probably completed when Boom changed it's mind. So it might have been too late.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Boom's new covers for Peg Leg 4 are fantastic too!:eek:
Where did you find the cover? I couldn't find them at Boom Studios website (are there two Boom Studios? Because I didn't see any sign of Muppets or Pixar at the site I checked), The Muppet Newsflash, or Muppet Wiki.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the cover? I couldn't find them at Boom Studios website (are there two Boom Studios? Because I didn't see any sign of Muppets or Pixar at the site I checked), The Muppet Newsflash, or Muppet Wiki.
It's easy to locate on Boom's site through a search for Muppet Show, but here it is. I enjoy how much of the theater we're seeing. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It's easy to locate on Boom's site through a search for Muppet Show, but here it is. I enjoy how much of the theater we're seeing. :smile:
That is awesome! Now I guess we know WHY they're going on the road for the next story arc. :stick_out_tongue: Good grief, wonder how that happened. Unless Crazy Harry somehow got hold of a wrecking ball too, I don't think it's that. Purely awesome. :sing: