Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow... I was about to think both would arrive next week (as the last 2 Muppet comics came out earlier this month). Gonna have to pick that up over the weekend, if not today.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Muppets Peg Leg came out today. A+ from me. :smile:

Robin Hood 3 will likely come next week. It is not out yet.
I just ordered Peg Leg yesterday, so hopefully I'll get it soon. My local comic book store is terrible and has never carried any but the first issue. And the owner isn't very hospitable. :smirk:

And I've still yet to get Robin Hood 2 which I ordered froom BOOM's website. It's been a month... so I turned to eBay yesterday. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
For anyone keeping track, my retail variant for Peg Leg Wilson #1:

http://mimi-na.deviantart.com/art/Muppet-Show-5-variant-131381704

Had a lot of fun with this one. I'll be likely doing retail variants for the whole Peg-Leg Wilson arc.
AWESOME! Again--and as always! I love it, Amy! They all look great. I can definitely tell you use the Palisades figures as models--especially Janice and Floyd. LOVE it! I think Floyd is my favorite. But Zoot is really, really funny too. Any idea of where we'll be able to order this? I wanted to order your variant for Miss Piggy's Story, but couldn't find it anywhere...

minor muppetz

Reaction score

Had a lot of fun with this one. I'll be likely doing retail variants for the whole Peg-Leg Wilson arc.
That would be great if you drew variant covers for all four issues. I really like your alternate cover, even if it doesn't include Lips, the band's rarely-seen trumpet player from the last season (though based on what Langridge said about the cover in his last Tough Pigs interview, I'll be surprised if Lips even appears at all in The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson).

Drtooth

Reaction score

I really love how you handled the Electric Mayhem in that one. Really... I'd almost like to buy the collected graphic novel versions of these comics to just pull the variant cover pictures out and frame them. I really think they should consider a variant cover poster book/posterzine at some point.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the graphic novel versions will contain images of the individual covers or not (the Simpsons comic collections include the covers within the books). I also wodner if the exclusive covers will be in them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just read Peg-Leg Wilson and I really loved it. having a story arc take place during what would have otherwise just been "Animal's Story" was a stroke of genius. Now not only do we have a storyline going on behind the scenes of the segments, we also have an additional story to follow behind the scenes of that one as well. Multi-leveled.

I will say Animal's change was sort of anticlimactic. I thought his change would have something to do with the Ninja or the fact Kermit's been acting off and being someone else. But I like the idea of Honeydew being behind it.

And look... Louis Kazzagger and Wayne and Wanda's first appearances in the comic. All perfectly muppety enough to fit into the realm of the show.

It's also the first time that we see actual scene writing of the electric Mayhem. I think he handled writing Floyd, Janice and Zoot a little better than Dr. Teeth here, but it's the first time we really saw those characters interact in the comic. And I really like how the Mayhem actually talked directly to Honeydew... you see a LOT of play between characters who never have been in scenes together before. And I really like how it's going.

That said, anyone else think Dr. Teeth is colored a bit lightly? Or is it just me?

Amy

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what happened to the Muppet Peter Pan comic thread?
It's out in 2 weeks, why would it just disappear?

Anywho, until we find it again, may as well post this.
Muppet Peter Pan #3 Cover B

For some reason, most sites are only listing Dave Petersen's A cover. Well, that just won't do...:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what happened to the Muppet Peter Pan comic thread?
It's out in 2 weeks, why would it just disappear?

Anywho, until we find it again, may as well post this.
Muppet Peter Pan #3 Cover B

For some reason, most sites are only listing Dave Petersen's A cover. Well, that just won't do...:wink:
Really? I thought it had another month to go after the final Robin Hood comic comes out. Either way I'm excited. Great cover!

Sometimes the threads get buried. I'll see if it can be found and resurrected. :wink: