Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just checked out Roger Langridge's blog, and he mentioned something about a "Pigs in Space" one-shot he'll be writing. Could this mean that he's actually writing and illustrating a full Pigs in Space comic?
That would be absolutely wonderful. I really like his PIS comics in the regular series, and since they have been in every issue so far (and they'll likely be in the 4 part arcs, since they take place during the show), it shows that he indeed likes working on them enough to make a full length one.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Pepe...

hey gang,

since i had today off from work, I was looking thew all 4 of my BOOM Muppet Show comic books and as I was looking at comic book #2 (Fozzie), In the 2nd page Where u see all the Muppets and Gonzo inside the "o" and a rocket comes out, well on that page right under the Rats dancing on the banner that reads "Tonights show gratefully ackknowledges the support of the Cheese Manufacturers Convention" it looks like Pepe :rolleyes: hanging upside down? :smile:

Is it Pepe? Even tho he didnt show up in "The Muppet Show" and started on "Muppets Tonight"...dont get me wrong i LOVE the lil guy! :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
hey gang,

since i had today off from work, I was looking thew all 4 of my BOOM Muppet Show comic books and as I was looking at comic book #2 (Fozzie), In the 2nd page Where u see all the Muppets and Gonzo inside the "o" and a rocket comes out, well on that page right under the Rats dancing on the banner that reads "Tonights show gratefully ackknowledges the support of the Cheese Manufacturers Convention" it looks like Pepe :rolleyes: hanging upside down?

Is it Pepe? Even tho he didnt show up in "The Muppet Show" and started on "Muppets Tonight"...dont get me wrong i LOVE the lil guy! :smirk:
Yup, the artist threw Pepe in the backround. This Muppet Show comic project assumes the characters have been putting on the show all this time, so naturally Pepe would be around somewhere. :smile:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Man O Man! I have waited a whole month for it to process. Oy. This wouldn't be an issue if I lived closer to a comic book store. Does anyone have any suggestions on where (on the web) can I go, and trust, for the books? Because now I still haven't gotten 4, and I want to order Peg Leg Wilson. :concern:

Count von Count

Reaction score
I can't find The Muppet Show Comics at any of my local Comic Book Stores.
But the pictuers at muppetnewsflash looks real cool.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I would say try eBay...thats where i've been getting mine from since day 1 :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
If you don't want to use eBay for your comic purchases, http://www.mycomicshop.com/ seems to be a very good, cheap, reliable site. I just placed an order with them and was very pleased. Now to see if they'll ship faster than BOOM!... But if it gets here before a month is up they'll already have better shipping. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, does anybody know whether Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson #1 and/ or Muppet Robin Hood #3 came out today? Peg-Leg Wilson #1 was reviewed by Tough Pigs a few days ago, but Comic Book Resources hasn't shown any previews for them.

DTWolf

Reaction score
The Diamond Comics shipping list for this week (http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=428) lists Peg-Leg #1, so it's a safe bet it made it to stores today.

Personally I've decided to just wait for the trade paperback for this mini-series; it's too much trouble scrambling to find each issue before it vanishes from the stores. Plus the collected book will cost much less. I've already bought issues 1 and 2 of Robin Hood, so I guess I'll buy 3 and 4 individually too, but those are the last single issues of Muppets I'm going to bother with. Trade paperbacks from here on!

And for people looking for online retailers, I use www.TFAW.com a lot (although mostly for trade paperbacks and graphic novels and not for new single comics, so I can't vouch for how timely their new-comic deliveries are). They're a solid, dependable store for all kinds of comics-related stuff. And yes, they stock the Muppets comics.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppets Peg Leg came out today. A+ from me. :smile:

Robin Hood 3 will likely come next week. It is not out yet. :embarrassed: