Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hokey Smokes! BEAN! Funny thing, though, the other cover has Robin instead...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Welp.. I dunno if anyone wants to start a Peter Pan thread, but the first two covers are officially solicited in June Previews:
http://www.boom-studios.net/muppet-peter-pan-1-cover-b.html

*grumble* Why am I not credited as artist?...

Here's my cover, anyway. Dave Petersen does the other one.

So that answers your basic casting!
Your cover is the best. Janice is particularly in fine form. So is the third Darling Bean or Robin or both?

Amy

Reaction score
Your cover is the best. Janice is particularly in fine form. So is the third Darling Bean or Robin or both?
Bean is playing Michael.

Petersen did his cover probably long before mine, while casting was still tentative. I am told his cover will be changed to Bean before release date.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bean is playing Michael.

Petersen did his cover probably long before mine, while casting was still tentative. I am told his cover will be changed to Bean before release date.
I really like the inclusion of Scooter and Janice. They do seem related due to shape, color, eye issues and the magnificent Richard Hunt. :wink: :flirt: I suppose Bean makes for a fun wild card for the youngest. I am wondering if we'll see any chicken pirates? Maybe Camilla will be perched like a parrot on Gonzo's shoulder? It would be nice seeing some MTI characters like Clueless and Polly, but one thing is for certain. The artwork inside will be very attractive and Muppety.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Welp.. I dunno if anyone wants to start a Peter Pan thread, but the first two covers are officially solicited in June Previews:
http://www.boom-studios.net/muppet-peter-pan-1-cover-b.html

*grumble* Why am I not credited as artist?...

Here's my cover, anyway. Dave Petersen does the other one.

So that answers your basic casting!
That's a lovely cover! I especially love the color scheme and the poses.

I have yet to get the first comic yet, though I think that there will be a Boom! Studios booth at an upcoming comic convention I am going to. I hope they have copies there.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I spent most of last night drooling over your GORGEOUS Peter Pan cover, Amy. It's incredible, really! So true to form! I can't decide if Kermit or Janice is my favorite... but they're ALL so gorgeous. I think that's the book I'm most excited about, personally. I can't wait to see all the character roles filled. I hope Rizzo plays Mr. Smee... that would be classic.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It appears that TMS issue #3 wasn't released this week. I hope that fans don't have to wait anothe rmonth (or more) for the next issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yo! Any news if this has indeed been delayed? Not that I rully mind, since I did get the other one (Robin Hood), and I don't mind waiting to get the next issue. Come to think of it, I almost bought the Muppet Show #2 again without looking at the cover well enough, thinking it was 3.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Once again, Comic Book Resources has a preview for the comic.

Interestingly, it seems that Bert and Ernie no longer appear on the cover.

The opening two-page spread includes appearances by Thog, Green Frackle, and Blue Frackle.

Although Pepe isn't in it (at least not the preview), there is a scene where Scooter lists all species at the theater to the manager, one of which is "king prawns".

I can't remember the full name, but the insurance agent's last name is "Smedley". Wasn't that the name of Fozzie's dummy in the Disney Adventures comic?

The opening number is "CHicken Lake", a dance number between Gonzo and a chicken. I guess that's what the "B" cover references (rats! I was hoping for an At the Dance...).