Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jerry's voice has been a little lower pitched since his Robin dub in VMX so his one-liners are hard for me to tell whether or not it is the great Mr. Nelson voicing his classic characters. That is, until any of them begin to sing. He's the Muppet performer with always perfect and distinct pitch. :sing:

I was reading over at Tough Pigs (they've had some amazing articles recently) and there is a several part interview with Steve Whitmire. I find it amusing because the little bit I know of Mr. Whitmire is that he doesn't do much internet surfing so this interview was most certainly in person. (Jealous frogboy)

Anyway, it appears that Dave Goelz underwent some sort of surgery recently that prevented him from a few key production dates including the YouTube performance (that was actually Steve's Gonzo). It isn't likely serious or I'm certain that would have been noted. Just hope he's doing well now! Dave has always been my favorite performer and I've had the privilege of meeting him twice.

Back to what I was trying to say before my tangent is that maybe that is why Gonzo appeared to be performed by someone else during that Studio DC special. I wonder if that was Steve's Gonzo too. We all noticed a bit of difference in the movements (as we fans do). :concern:

I am just so excited about all of these projects! And I am wearing my new Urban Outfitters vintage Muppet Caper t-shirt! I am such a Muppet dork and proud to be so! It's a lifelong commitment that I take very seriously. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow Toghpigs is really starting to become a cool website!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
To UK Fans

"Studio Dc Almost Live" get it's UK Premiere :

Time - 18:00 to 18:25 (25 minutes long).
When - Friday 24th October on Disney

and

Time - 19:00 to 19:25 (25 minutes long).
When - Friday 24th October on Disney Plus 1

:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
"Studio Dc Almost Live" get it's UK Premiere :

Time - 18:00 to 18:25 (25 minutes long).
When - Friday 24th October on Disney

and

Time - 19:00 to 19:25 (25 minutes long).
When - Friday 24th October on Disney Plus 1

:smile:
I'm really glad that they are going to show this in the UK. I don't live in the UK myself, but i truly beleve that all the world should enjoy the goodness of both Studio DC. I wonder if there will be some unseen UK sceen that we have not seen here in the USA that will air.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Ok, I sat down finally and watched this last night...I liked this one a lot better than the other special. They toned down on some of the stuff that I thought made the last one corny. The DC actors were less annoying to me and I think interacted better with the characters then on the last one.

I loved seeing more screentime of the Electric Mayhem, Statler and Waldorf, Rizzo, Swedish Chef, SCOOTER! I actually cracked up a little at some of the lines in this one too.......

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I've finally seen both Studio DC specials on Youtube. They had some cute moments, but in general I don't like the attitude with which the kids treated the muppets! It's as if they think they are just weird crazy stupid puppets. There's no respect there. Maybe these actors are too young, but they are actors and should be acting as if the muppets are real performers with great careers, even if they are kooky. I think the only actors who did this well were the kids who play Zach and Cody, and Ashley Tisdale (Brenda Song was pretty good with Piggy too) in the first special, and Demi Lovato in the second special.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought that this special was better than the first one. The highlights were Beaker's duet and the main plotline.

rexcrk

Reaction score
That's what it's all about! This is one of the best ways to get the Muppets in kids' minds, IMO.

Heck, it works for me. I actually know these stars and appreciate their work, unlike a LOT of the old Muppet Show guest stars, who's work I'm generally unfamilar with (being born in 1988 and all :stick_out_tongue: )

dwmckim

Reaction score
Looking back at it, i find it odd that even though she hosted the second one, Selena Gomez didn't really have much to actually do (especially complared to the Sprouse Brothers in the first one). I've been realizing lately how gifted Selena actually is as a singer lately (unlike other Disney Factory "Stars", she has real innate talent - though Demi Lovato's nothing to sneeze at either) and am surprised she didn't get to do any singing. I'm predicting in ten years, Selena will be better known/recognized as a singer than an actress.