Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Exactly. Telly was a lot more confident before Bela came along. But then again if that hadn't happened, there wouldn't be a plot and the street scene would have been over in five minutes, so I kind of get the point.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey, peoples! I was on Sesamestreet.org where I came across next week's street story. I skimmed through it, and near the end we get a surprise cameo! In case you're wondering who it is (and I'll highlight it in white to avoid getting bagged on for spoiling anything): remember how we thought that the picture of Eric performing Herry was supposed to be for The Count/Jerry tribute episode? Well, as it turns out, it was supposed to be for THIS upcoming street story! However, he doesn't have any lines. I'm sure a lot of us didn't see that coming!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for telling us, SMF... (spoiler alert)
Just a little side note while we're in the white with this, I think if Herry did h have any lines, it probaby wouldn't be Eric performing him, since he's more notorious for doing Frank's characters while Matt is doing Jerry's. I thik Matt would probably perform Herry for speaking lines. Gosh, it's too bad there's no "spoiler" option like they have at the Toon Zone forums. That might make things easier. But anyway, I look forward to seeing his/her appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... anyone else thinking "It isn't Maggaggie's Birthday?" with that "occo" cake?

I always love these Rocco episodes. We get to see a side of Elmo where he's actually funny and emotes, and just overall a comical aspect that they rarely show. Especially the fact that everyone else is perfectly okay with Rocco, which makes Elmo even angrier. Almost Dib (of Invader Zim) levels of only sane man going insane.

Mice touch to have Herry as a background filler. I still fail to see why they don't use older character rebuilds (or puppets that are still hanging around) to fill out crowd scenes more often.

But the real star of the show was that great Grover and Rosita skit. You rarely see the two characters interact, and they work very well together. It has a great classic (or at least early 90's) feel to it as a skit. I know SW needs to keep pimping the celeb/parody segments, but we really need more of these skits with the Muppets as themselves.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was very good. Episodes with Elmo dealing with Rocco are always the funniest. I loved when Elmo actually got emotional over the wedding. I can't help but picture Elmo and Zoe's wedding being like this. I'm a little sad Herry didn't talk though. The WOTD bit was okay. Not too funny. The bit with Grover and Rosita was funny. Especially, Grover getting stuck in the triangle pose. The new Murray tune-in was funny. I like the surfer sheep. Who played him? I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I like the surfer sheep.
I thought that was kind of redundant though. Murray already has a lamb. I think they could have been more original there.

Especially, Grover getting stuck in the triangle pose.
That was cute. It reminded me of the Grover's ABC book when he did the letter A.

I'm a little sad Herry didn't talk though.
For that matter, they could have given Bob a line too, especially since we don't see him around that much anymore. In a few scenes it looked like he was about to say something, but Elmo kept cutting him off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That way, the sketch couldn't work. Telly's a triangle expert, you see. He could win the argument without Grover doing anything funny.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking about that one too. It would have been too easy with Telly.