Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Sesame Street's 44th season officially begins Monday on PBS stations across the country. Check your local times in your area. Find out all the details on Sesame Street Season 44 here.

Sesame Street begins a new era with the debut of "Cookie's Crumby Pictures". The popular "Elmo the Musical" returns for the second season. The final Muppet segments recorded with Muppeteers Jerry Nelson and Kevin Clash will also air.

After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts. When you're the first to post about a new episode please include a description of the street scene or an episode number so that we know which episode you are discussing.

If you've seen Sesame Street Season 44, please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episodes.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The season premiere episode for Monday September 16 is...

4401: Telly Gets Jealous
The Season 44 premiere finds Telly becoming upset when his pet hamster can't do the same things as Baby Bear's pet parrot.

If you've seen "Telly Gets Jealous", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love street stories like this one for a lot of different reasons. One of them is you never know who is going to pop up, I was happy to see the Count in that story. I also love seeing the emotions change so quickly. Great first show so far!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 44
Episode 4401: Telly Gets Jealous.
Airdate: Monday, September 16 2013.
Sponsors:C, 7.

What's the Word on the Street?: "Jealous".

Street Story.
Telly and Baby Bear playing with their pets.
Whoa... Chucky Sue and Ralphie? Oneshot character returns, check.
I like this "Best Friends Kind Of Day" song.

Is this still one of Kevin's Elmo episodes?
Ralphie outshines Chucky Sue at everything, thus setting up the insertion of today's word.
Apparently Ralphie's picked up Baby Bear's speech schtick.
And hey, a quick appearance by :batty:!

Yeah... Baby Bear the show-off, the Dolph Ziggler of Sesame Street.
Why do we have to have an overusage of the simple songs?
Really liked Gordon's role in this episode providing a grown-up approach to helping cure Telly of his jealous streak.
Would prefer the two versions of "Best Friend Kind Of Day" stitched together to make a complete song.

Highlights.
1 Celebrity/Muppets: Jealous with Abby.
Apparently Abby's grown a little because she said she's a "fairy" instead of a "fairy godchild".
I'm not sure they're explaining jealous correctly, their demos make me think more of the word "covetous".
2 Animated insert explaining "jealous".
3 Dr. Ovejita treats Murray for his case of C's.
4 See the C in the Clouds: cake, cat, car, cone, cup. Cute.
5 Kids saying C, bleh.
6 Abby's Flying Fairy School: Pet Day.
7 Magic Murray shows the 7 of Hearts as the Number of the Day.
8 Animated insert counting to 7.
9 Second insert counting to 7, apparently a 7th birthday segment.
Would rather prefer a good number sketch.
9 Cookie's Crummy Pictures: The Spy Who Loved Cookies.
This entire sketch... ROTFL!
Ladyfingers... Cookie Dunker of Doom... The best agent possible, but he wasn't available... What up with the chickens. Hello, bossy English lady, where you go.
The comedy far outweighed the pattern problem-solving.
10 Murray's Monster Measuringwhere they discover a kite's two eggplants long.
11 Muppets: "I Need A Word" sung by some guy named David and Super Grover.
Is this some sort of parody or straight-up new song?
12 Elmo the Musical: Bird, The Musical.
So Mama Bird isn't being portrayed by Mae, Elmo's mom.
Mama Bird goes to the supermarket to buy some worms?
Sitting On the Egg Dance, yeah, knock the egg out of the nest.
Welcome to the Cock-a-Doodle Games and the most unusual watermelon of them all.
Mrs. Duck buys a #5 Hat, which gets us to a performance of "I Feel Ducky", reminds me of the Goodfeathers' Nest Side Story.
Hey, Blögg (or his Muppeteer) makes an appearance as a baseball pitcher tossing Elmo Bird's egg.
Finally an umpire makes a welcome interruption instead of being a butt-in in the game.
And back to the nest where the egg hatches into... Baby Brother Bird.
Elmo the Musical is soooo much more enjoyable than Elmo's World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To help you out...

2 Animated insert explaining "jealous".
3 Dr. Ovejita treats Murray for his case of C's.
4 See the C in the Clouds: cake, cat, car, cone, cup. Cute.
5 Kids saying C, bleh.
6 Abby's Flying Fairy School: Pet Day.
7 Magic Murray shows the 7 of Hearts as the Number of the Day.
8 Animated insert counting to 7.
9 Second insert counting to 7, apparently a 7th birthday segment.
Would rather prefer a good number sketch.
9 Cookie's Crummy Pictures: The Spy Who Loved Cookies.
This entire sketch... ROTFL!
2) was about 2 hovering robots building snowmen. One of them named Blip or Bleep or something made a small, pathetic looking one, while another (who's name I'm not sure they mentioned) builds a huge, perfect snowman that makes Blip feel jealous. That is, until he uses the same machine to build another one just like the large, impressive one.

5) Was a woman doing Yoga and bending backward into a "C" like shape.

8) Was 7 construction vehicles in a sandbox that built a 7

9)... that was a cute one. That was 7 cartoon monsters on a live action street, all looking for each other one by one, until they go into a live action house for a 7th Birthday party.

And I believe the Dave in the Grover song was Dave Mathews. But I have to double check.

Eziwolf

Reaction score
I loved the jealous Telly street story, and I love him so much more after seeing this!
The Count was also a nice surprise, always glad to see him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Drtooth. Yeah, I would have said Dave Matthews as well, but since I can't really tell based off of just "David".

Seven construction vehicles making a 7 huh? Maybe it's those good Constructibots, trying to build a rep for themselves standing out against their Constructicon cousins.
The one with the monsters now makes me curious and gets a better grade, but I'd like more development from new number sketches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, they're more like Pixar's Cars in crazy 2-D thick line animation form.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I haven't seen the new ep yet because it doesn't come on until 1:00 where I live, but in the meantime here's something I've been kind of curious about. It seems that after a full week of new episodes, the show will start to only air on Thursday. For that matter Thursday episodes are what ended the last season. Why Thursday? Anyone have any ideas on that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I love street stories like this one for a lot of different reasons. One of them is you never know who is going to pop up, I was happy to see the Count in that story.
Yeah. Since this will be the last season with Jerry's material, it's always good to see the Count and his other characters (aka Fat Blue) make an appearance.

I also love seeing the emotions change so quickly. Great first show so far!
Yeah. I know what you mean. I liked how they carried the theme of jealousy out until towards the end with Grover and Dave Whatshisname. (Gosh, I got to do some more research and find out who all these celebrities are.) Good start to the season though.

I still wish they'd change the block format. I think Murray hosting the show and having everything structured like it is has gone on long enough. It would be interesting if they'd go back to the old format or maybe try something new. I mean, Murray is okay as a character and all. I could see him being used in inserts and street stories, like the insert today about measuring with an eggplant. I was sort of hoping for that when I saw the "Monster at the End of the Show" video and thought that would be the ending for one of the shows rather than just having Murray announce the sponsors, but I guess that was just Eric ad-libbing or something like that. Anyone else agree?

I'm not sure they're explaining jealous correctly, their demos make me think more of the word "covetous".
Wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing? I'm not sure how I'd define jealous myself, but being a 33-year-old single guy with a sister who's married and has a family and all, I definitely know about jealousy. Lol.

Is this still one of Kevin's Elmo episodes?
I would believe so. I thought it was confirmed that it wouldn't be until season 45 that we'd hear a new Elmo (outside of live appearances) and maybe the same goes for Matt as the Count. But I may be wrong. I was wrong once in 1987, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to double check on that.