Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The episode for Tuesday September 17 is...

4402: Don't Get Pushy
Rosita's excitement at being asked to write the letter of the day on the blackboard at school leads her to push Baby Bear, which doesn't go over well with Baby Bear or Telly, who's the acting teacher.

Ryan Dillon's first broadcast performance as Elmo will also air as part of this episode...

If you've seen "Don't Get Pushy", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know when I first read the story line of today's show I didn't think I would try to watch, but I might, I really love these shows dealing with emotions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ernie, Bert and Elmo which I don't think has happened very often at all.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4402: Don't Get Too Pushy.
Airdate: September 17, 2013.
Sponsors: T, 12.

What's the Word on the Street?: Respect.
*Takes bets on the over/under as to how soon into the episode they brake into some rendition of Aretha Franklin's signature.

Street Story.
Gordon leaves Telly in charge of the pretend school.
Glad that Rosita's getting a principal role in this episode.
School Safety Chickens? Why does the song remind me of the variations of Faith Hill/Cari Underwood's NFL on NBC theme song?
Heh... "Give a peck", that's probably the closest they'll get to that other word on the street.
So Rosita pushes Baby Bear over to get to the chalkboard to draw the letter T the first time... And then again when she can't think of a T word to draw.
I'm calling them on the Safety Dance by the chickens, that sounded suspiciously like the Angle Dance from Square One Television.
Heh... Telly's line, "I'm not a real teacher, I just play one on the street."
Trust Gordon to teach virtually the same lesson as in yesterday's episode, this time via the song "Hug Yourself".
Fade out with the gang counting Telly's triangles.

I like how they're trying to do social episodes this premiere week.

Highlights:
1 Celebrity/Muppets: Superman (Henry Caville) and Elmo teach "respect", with a new Big Bad Wolf puppet.
2 Film: "I Share".
3 Alphabet Recipes: Tomato + toast + taco makes for an explosive tomato surprise.
4 Muppets: "I'm The Letter T".
BTW: Does anyone have a high quality MUP3 they cound send me?
5 Animated Insert: An artist paints a "turkey" while kids guess.
6 Abby's Flying Fairy School: Playground Problems.
Huh, a new episode featuring a new character, The Playground Troll.
First the kids have to name four things that start with S: slide, swing, sand, and socks.
Next they have to build a playground objects castle, without magic.
So for them to ride the swings the kids end up basically playing in the sandbox instead?
Finally, to get the jungle gym and the playground left alone, they have to find an octagon... Which ends up being the jungle gym itself.
Funny how Blögg took leadership point in this episode's ending.
7 Film: "Count Me In" from last season.
8 Murray and the kids count off to 12 and 12 eggs.
9 Insert: "12 Chickens" presenting different math sums that add up to 12.
Cute little song.
10 Insert: Remake of "Ladybug's Picnic".
Frankly I prefer John Mapes' version that plays on MCR as far as remakes are concerned.
11 Super Grover 2.0: Down at The Farm or Farmal Attraction.
Super Grover helps a little lady lamb find her knitting needle in a haystack. Yeah, anyone else want to predict the outcome?
Heh, Super Grover: "My senses are tingling!"
Super Grover: "All right needle, come out with your hands up!", LOL.
Unfortunately, Grover's magnet ends up attracting other metal objects until it draws the needle to it.
12 Ovejita the Mysterious shows off her trick with the help of the word "cerdo".
13 Muppets: The Two-Headed Monster shows us how to take turns.
Is that Chris doing the VO narration?
Also, their monsterish gibberish has become more understandable, sort of like Scooby-Doo in the series Mystery Incorporated that aired on Cartoon Network the last couple of years.
14 ETM: Cowboy, The Musical.
Elmo meets Fast-Drawing Fred and Slow-Drawing Ed before settling on the name The Count By Two Kid.
Did Baby Bear make a cameo here?
Let's move out these kitty-cows to the Double Double Dude Dude Ranch Ranch.
At Two Cactus Canyon, Elmo faces a problem. What happened to the kitty-cows? It's called subtraction. No, it's called cattle rustling. No, they're not rustlers, they're wrestlers. Yep, they went there. Hey, what do you want, bad puns are a staple of the Muppets.
Okay... So unseen viewers' hands actually help Elmo in his imagination world push a blockade of rocks clearing away the trail? Suspension of logic commence.
Then they all celebrate by doing the Texas Two-Step. Would've suggested the Country Two-Step instead.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think anyone under the age of 30, or that isn't a huge 80's pop culture buff is going to get that Safety Dance reference. But lemme tell you, that made me very happy.

Not as much fun as Weird Al's parody, though.

Very strong opening story, pretty funny bits throughout, and once again, they need Gordon's help. Baby Bear's pestering of Rosita over the letter T... why does he act so surprised that she snapped?

The first appearance of Ryan's Elmo in the word of the day segment. Keep forgetting the Superman actor has a British accent. Of course, I kinda only know him from Man of Steel.

And of course, rerun, rerun, rerun... blah blah blah...

Twoheaded Monster segment. A very good one, and I'm glad the character is back. Very glad. Feels like a classic one, despite the narration. The highlight was them trying to be polite to each other and getting into a bigger fight.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I missed yesterdays episode but saw today's. I thought the plotline of Rosita pushing Baby Bear seemed kinda awkward... I could see her pushing him down when she was angry, but pushing him out of excitement to get to the board seemed like too much for me. There was plenty of room for her to get around Baby Bear, and do people in real life accidentally push people when they're excited? And is hugging yourself really a good way to prevent it?

Super Grover 2.0 and Elmo the Musical were both great. Were they new segments? I liked the running gag of Grover thinking everybody was thanking him instead of the magnet, and the ending where his magnet is strong enough to attract a tractor (which was actually lost).

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can't teach a lesson without making a character go out of character once or twice.

Plus, Sesame Street has a long line of sketches where people get pushed around and knocked over for laughs. This is the first time ever I've seen them do it straightforward (sorta) and say it's the wrong thing to do.

wiley207

Reaction score
Highlights:
1 Celebrity/Muppets: Superman (Henry Caville) and Elmo teach "respect", with a new Big Bad Wolf puppet.
That isn't a new Big Bad Wolf puppet; it's been around since at least the late 1980s:
Not sure who voiced the wolf here, though; it was probably Tyler Bunch again. Matt Vogel would've probably used a more Jerry Nelson-esque voice for the wolf...