Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I was able to catch the latest episode today. Here are my thoughts: The street story was very good. I loved the opening number. Grampy Bear was funny. Chris and Alan pretending to be Elmo's grandparents was hilarious! It was nice that Abuela learned to speak English. The WOTD bit was good. I liked SMG ever since I saw the Scooby Doo movies. The new Murray tune-in was cool. It was good to see the Bunny Foo-Foo episode of AFFS. They didn't show that in a while. I liked seeing Abby and Elmo's version of Two is You and Me. I like that better than the original version. The new CCP was funny. Peter Linz did a great job playing Whoopie Pie. Overall, nice episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And here's the Crumby Pictures segment. I was surprised to be hearing Peter Linz as Whoopie Pie, seems like he doesn't get a lot of lead parts in SS sketches.
I thought it was Peter. Pi sounded like Walter with an accent.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was able to catch the latest episode today. Here are my thoughts: The street story was very good. I loved the opening number. Grampy Bear was funny. Chris and Alan pretending to be Elmo's grandparents was hilarious! It was nice that Abuela learned to speak English. The WOTD bit was good. I liked SMG ever since I saw the Scooby Doo movies. The new Murray tune-in was cool. It was good to see the Bunny Foo-Foo episode of AFFS. They didn't show that in a while. I liked seeing Abby and Elmo's version of Two is You and Me. I like that better than the original version. The new CCP was funny. Peter Linz did a great job playing Whoopie Pie. Overall, nice episode.

Nice that we have another "Scooby-Doo" fan here. Yep. Sarah was great as Daphne Blake, but I like her as a blonde in real life too.

It was Kevin in this one. Here's a blooper reel from "Sesame Family Robinson" (Marty Robinson's blog) about the episode.

http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/blog/-/blogs/joey-and-grampy-bear
That's hilarious. I especially like the credit "Carmen Osbar: Hit by tree." It reminded me of those gag credits they used on "Tiny Toons" and "Animaniacs." I hear a lot of Murray when Joey uses his real voice as well. Just thought I'd point that out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nothing too remarkable this episode outside of the new Elmo the Musical. The opening story was boring. It's nice to have an episode speak directly to the little girls watching, but there was nothing special about it. I appreciate the whole bit about Princesses saving themselves, but it was just pretty much a bland story writing episode.

The A segment was cute... it had some intangible PeeWee's Playhouse quality to it. Maybe because of the weird puppets used.

I am face palming over the fact they still used segments that reference Sex and the City and High School Musical. Those are completely deader than disco, more so the latter, though the second movie destroyed SATC's relevance.

But hey, NEW Elmo the Musical segment. Anyone else think that Elmo's climbing to the top song was a parody of the Jeffersons theme song? Sounded a lot like it to me. I see they also had their third "Hair" parody in at least 10 years as well.

And somehow, I just couldn't get the thought of Eddie the Mean ol' Yeti out of my mind throughout the segment. Of course the character they used was Netti the nice Yeti.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was good. When was the last time we saw those 3 girls together? I liked the song the Princess and Dragon sung. I liked that they used the same dragon from Prince ETM. The WOTD bit was good. We got to see Herb again. Ginnifer has to be the cutest adult woman I've seen. The new ETM was awesome as usual. I loved the song Elmo sung about making it to the top. I also loved the Hair and You're the Top parodies. Joey and Leslie are great singers. Overall, good episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kind of wish they'd put less emphasis on using Leslie. I know she's readily available for, like, everything and she really cares about what she does and has a great singing voice, but I'd be lying if I said some of the other females (Steph, Carmen, Jen) weren't stronger performers and manipulators.

I don't want to sound mean or judgmental or anything, but it's something that bugs me from time to time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I kind of wish they'd put less emphasis on using Leslie. I know she's readily available for, like, everything and she really cares about what she does and has a great singing voice, but I'd be lying if I said some of the other females (Steph, Carmen, Jen) weren't stronger performers and manipulators.
I think it's all about availability and the whole budget issue with more performers per show. ETM especially, it seems like there's a couple where they have a big roster of performers, and others it's just Kevin (at the time, obviously) Leslie, Tyler, and Joey. I'm glad that they got Fran for this episode to actually get Zoe in. Even performed a Fairy Godmother.

I just wonder how whoever's available that day and how many performers they want to pay for each episode factors into this.