Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta admit, somehow there seemed to be more potential for a story about Rosita annoyed by having to constantly translate things and learning patience that way over the story we got where she was embarrassed by having to speak Spanish. But it's nice they've been dealing with the character's Hispanic/Latino roots instead of treating her as the girl that isn't Zoe or Abby. Seriously... that's what they've been using her as the last few seasons until now. The other girl on the show.

I'm really loving these Bob Boyle animated segments. The song about family had the usual subtle Wubzy-esque vibe to it. And I mean the substance of the song, not the fact the animation looks pretty similar (especially the trees).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was very good. I loved that Rosita was embarrassed at having to translate everything for her grandma. Sonia Manzano did a good job voicing Abuela. The WOTD bit was pretty funny. Especially when the tiger wanted to eat the cheese and Elmo started freaking out. The new Murray tune-ins were good. At least I think they were new. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The new CCP was hilarious! Cookie talking about the special effect and talking with himself was just awesome!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts: The street story was funny. It's the second season in a row that Snuffy is seen without Big Bird. Also, is Matt gonna be the tiger from now on? He's been playing him since the Hallie Berry bit. The WOTD bit was good. I liked how the tiger refused to give the ball back when they asked for it. So Me Want It isn't just for the Internet. If only I knew that before I watched the YouTube video. At least they added some dialogue and sound effects. And they got rid of the hash-tag Control Meself because, that wouldn't work on TV. The new MHALL tune-ins were good. The girls in there were very cute. The new CCP was hilarious! I saw the Hunger Games, so I got everything. Did Eric play Peta? He was the only character who I couldn't figure out the performer to.

Yeah. It seems like the tiger is like the new Horatio. He seems to keep popping up everywhere at unexpected moments.

Sonia Manzano did a good job voicing Abuela.
I didn't know that was Sonia. Still, it's nice that they still have cast members voicing Muppets. It's been a while since they did that.

I liked the new CCP too, except who bakes cookies with only eggs and chocolate chips? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to just assume the flour, sugar, and butter were already in the bowl. Otherwise the segment would have been long and repetitive.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm going to just assume the flour, sugar, and butter were already in the bowl. Otherwise the segment would have been long and repetitive.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking. You're probably right too. I didn't notice that there were other ingredients in the bowl before he put the eggs in. The funny thing is if they had used a real cookie recipe, I might have tried it myself.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
The Lord of the Crumbs was in my opinion the Best Cookie's Crumby Pictures of the Season, It was very funny, "Me Bake Me Precious" In Today's Elmo the Musical, Elmo made his own bowl of Guacamole. In case you missed it earlier in the season, turn in tomorrow's story when Telly plays "Simon Says"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. You're probably right too. I didn't notice that there were other ingredients in the bowl before he put the eggs in. The funny thing is if they had used a real cookie recipe, I might have tried it myself.
Then again, we could take at face value the fact Cookie threw the eggs in whole. So there's always that. :insatiable:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on today's repeat: After hearing that Gabi left, it was great to get a street story with her in it. And she never looked better! I was happy that they showed the Nap-time episode of AFFS. They haven't shown that in a while. I just love Tyler, Leslie and Jessica's performances as the fashionista sheep. The only new thing was a bit with Abby trying to play checkers with Cookie Monster. Of course, no matter what Abby did, everything about the game reminded him of cookies. It was very funny. I noticed that Murray didn't play a game with the audience before ETM like he usually does. I'm not complaining about it though. To anyone who wants to see the new sketch, here it is: