Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Drtooth

Reaction score
Awww... no love for the Frog in the Oatmeal? I LOVED that one and found it hysterical! I think Eric actually managed to out-Oz Frank in that one!
Not that it wasn't funny... but it was just way too off kilter to achieve the classic sense. As I've said a trillion times by now, I actually think the Steve and Eric E&B segments are far superior to the Frank and Steve segments because of the chemistry alone. But I really think they need to go back and remake or adapt old sketches with a new twist (they've certainly done that before). I mean, like a remake of the "H" TV segment with Bert trying to use a computer, and having the screen freeze up with a letter H. In the meantime, I'd rather see unseen E&B Claymations than Murrays they showed twice this year and twice last year. Much as I love Murray.

Oh my, based on the discussions here i can just see the future pledge drives...Send money now or we reduce Zoe to the size of a Twiddlebug. We will now play a Mural 17 and Computer 16 film festival over and over until we raise enough money to make different inserts!
(Snickers)... if ONLY PBS still did pledge drives for kid's programming. They don't anymore, and the money they get funds the programming they have to air during pledge month.

Seriously. If only PBS didn't have to shove Wayne Dyer, Suzie Orman, and Celtic musicians singing decisively non-Celtic songs (and that gets me ol' Irish blood up, it does! :eek: ) they could have at least given SW the money to throw together a "Best of" special to help fund their children's program... especially over the holiday season. I still say we were cheated out of a 40th anniversary special.

Frackles

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Abby's Flying Fairy School. I personally very much like the premise of the show, wholly because of who *designed* the characters. He is a very well-known and prestigious illustrator and concept-designer, Peter De Seve. His other great achievements are of course, the characters from "Ice Age", especially Scrat.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I called it. They used that "In My Room" thing instead of an Ernie and Bert's great adventure. it's a catchy song, but when I want to see Ernie and Bert, I wanna see something funny. Even the oatmeal frog was pretty funny.

I guess the episode was alright. Again, there is NO call for Abby to be on every episode if they have to run episodes 3 times... especially since they ran that one a second time last week. Everything is just old footage. I guess they spent most of the budget they had on rebuilding AM's to be old characters, We saw Harvey Kneeslapper today, but only at the very end. I don't count Wolfgang, since they use that seal at least once a season. Cute little bit about the number 7, especially Zoe's "dance of the 7 Chickens."

Other than that, I REALLY am getting to dislike the Sesame English Hello Kitty-ized Cookie Monster and Elmo doing the letter segments instead of something clever. And they used that Murray tune in about 7 earlier this year. I gotta say, there really is no point in anyone tuning in for anything but the street story if everything is a rerun of stuff everyone's seen before several times... even in it's own short 26 episode season with reruns of episodes of from this season with the stuff everyone's already seen.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Is the number 7 queen outfits one of the times where Zoe appears without her tutu?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... so is that Jon and Kate parody actually happening? We've got only 2 episodes left this season, and I have yet to see it on an episode. If there's one show in the history of man kind to deserve a SS style razzing, it's that one. I hope they didn't pull it because of what happened. I swear that was something they made up to drive up the ratings.

Anyway, Not much to say about today's episode... but is Abby really that small compared to Elmo? Her animatronic remote Waldo whatever seemed pretty short when he was next to her. The bit with Gordon in the bathtub was brilliant... that and the Judah Frelander (sp?) thing were the only highlights of the episode. The habitat bit was alright too.

More reused stuff... more reused stuff. At least there was that sort of cute letter cartoon about M.

There's something about the Abby segment that bugs me. Is it just me, or is she extraordinarily well behaved there? Seem that any problem they have is because of Blogg, sometimes Gonnigan, and even Nibblet on occasion. Other than bringing the poisoned apple from Snow White in to show and tell, she hasn't done anything to get them in trouble.

Oh, and I forgot the BEST PART! We have to wait about a month for the last 2 episodes! Yay! There's something that rubs me the wrong way about that. If it were 3-5 episodes... no problem. but 2?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I felt that the Abby riding a tricycle was kind of cut, and I didn't know Abby was THAT short.

Plus I finally got see:search: on the show along with all of Jerry Nelson's characters in 1 wonderful episode. Ha-ha ha. :batty:

InvaderZim

Reaction score
ABC1 aired episode 4187 finally today ( Australia's ABC1 are airing season 40 only now) and made these cuts:
  • After Murrary's bring out your H, no 2 friends in a clubhouse look for H words
  • No Murray had a little lamb (Australian broadcasts don't have this)
  • No "habit" word on the street explanation with Cameron Diaz
  • Traction Jackson 40 segment missing

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wow, they made some really crucial edits there.

ploobis

Reaction score
Forgive me if was already brought up, But did you guys see Harvey Kneeslaper make a cameo in the episode where Abby, Zoe and Rosita celebrate the # 7?

That was a great surprise for me!