Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They probably should use him more then. It's been quite awhile since we've seen Kermit in anything new on Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
"If sesame workshop is allowed (or willing to spend the money) to ... show old kermit skits ... couldn't some of kermits starring roles be shown in new episodes?"

Most likely not. You'll continue to see Kermit in compilation tapes, and the occasional appearance like Do De Rubber Duck, but for the most part the Workshop is concentrating on moving forward and making new material.

There is a huge, huge library of material to choose from, and curriculum is the major criteria for deciding which sketches and songs end up in current rotation.
that is sad that Sesame Workshop is focusing on new material, since there are a lot of classic sesame street sketches I haven't seen, and there are many characters whose skits haven't been used much in a long time. characters like biff, sully, sherlock hemlock, simon soundman, forgetful jones, guy smiley and little jerry. I do enjoy seeing new skits, but I usually have a more special feeling inside of me whenever something from before I was born is shown.

it is also sad that sesame workshop chooses skits based on curriculum only, although there are health releated skits with kermit. of course, how does Do De Rubber Duck fit the curricculum? i remember wanting to see that song again for the longest time in the 1990s, and now I have seen it again plenty of times.

I hope that Sesame Workshop gets busy working on more compilation tapes! of course, on the "What's the name of that song?" video, one of kermits songs, get along, was included, but that was already availible on the video Elmos Sing-Along Guessing Game, and it would have been nice if a previously unreleased kermit song was included instead. I know that most of the songs on that video were from the 1980s and later, but most of kermtis sesame street songs are from the 1980s. that video could have included unreleased segments like I wonder about the world above up there, if i were, the frogs in the glen or we're alive.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Even in new material, or just in archival stuff?
I think just in archival stuff. It is probably more expensive for Sesame Workshop to use Kermit in a new appearance.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I thought it was just archival material too, but I wish that Disney and Sesame Workshop would forge some kind of mutally-beneficial cooperation pact so that we could really see crossover material again. Maybe only on projects that they both approve?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. I mean, I hear that Disney is working with SW to restore and keep the crossover appearances in older Muppet Movie releases, but we can all blaime the EMTV fiasco and splitting up of the 3 most popular limbs of Henson.

The last time we ever saw footage of Kermie specifiacally shot for the show was during the last hurricaine. Even then, before that was during Slimey's voyage into space.

I'd like them to at least show more footage of Kermit in other old skits, but I guess that's a no go.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Agreed. I mean, I hear that Disney is working with SW to restore and keep the crossover appearances in older Muppet Movie releases,
Is this only for the movies? What about certain episodes of TMS? Big Bird was once a guest along with Leslie Uggams in season 2. And a number of them made a surprise cameo in the Marty Feldman episode during season 5. Also Ernie and Bert are said to have appeared in on one show, but I never saw that one. Are they going to be kept intact too?

salemfan

Reaction score
Today in a Season 36 episode, I saw the animated bellhop skit about 8 trunks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
LoneWolf... The TMS episode with Bert and Ernie was the one featuring Connie Stevens as a guest star, Episode 2.
Season 1, Ep. 2, which is part of the Season 1 TMS DVD boxset just made available for purchase yesterday.

Hope this helps.

alizakaila

Reaction score
new sesame st!

Tuesday Sep 6 7:00am

Baby Bear goes to school for the first time and becomes friends with storybook characters, but he misses his family.