Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
Saying someone is shocked about Nathan Lane being gay, is like saying one is shocked that Danny Glover is black.
... Danny Glover is black?

But, seriously, though, I wasn't shocked Nathan Lane was gay. I knew he was gay. When I said:
Super Scooter said:
.... *opens mouth to comment* ....

*says nothing*
I was merely trying to make a joke at the expense of this comment:
heralde said:
Nathan Lane is very open about being homosexual. Just wanted to set the record straight without a doubt. :smile:
And now I am done trying to use more quotes than Cory in a single post. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetto

Reaction score
I finally got around to watching this over the weekend after recording it on my DVR.

I agree that it was easily one of the funniest things the Jim Henson Co. has done in a while.

I would love to see a possible live U.S. tour come to fruition and would gladly buy tickets to a show if they visited a major city near me.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
beaker said:
So, a hundred waffles to anyone willing to make this special available...anyone?

Well look at Frank Oz...to me aside from Piggy and Animal, all his characters sound like Grover^^

Actual "distinct" voices are usually only a few, if were talking original characters.
Bill BAretta has a wide array of voices, but a lot of them are filling in/taking over other people's characters.

I know Frank doesn't have that much voice range either...I was just answering the question about Brian using the same voice a lot. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I must disagree, I feel that a lot of Frank's characters sound like Bert rather than Grover; in fact, Grover is the only Frank character I'm aware of that sounds like Grove.r

Super Scooter

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I must disagree, I feel that a lot of Frank's characters sound like Bert rather than Grover; in fact, Grover is the only Frank character I'm aware of that sounds like Grove.r
Yoda... even Miss Piggy, actually.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Yeah, Grover, Piggy, Yoda, and even Fozzie are all based off the same type of sound, in my head

Gallioooo

Reaction score
I always giggle when I watch Star Wars and I hear Yoda.....I keep waiting for him to go into the near and far sketch. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but Yoda does sound like Grover a little. I think most of the characters that are voiced by the same person have similarites in the way their voices sound. I think that's a good thing. Like a trademark, almost. No one will ever be able to do a voice exactly like someone else did.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Oh, now I'll be doing the same thing! How dare you :wink:

Anger leads to.....neeearrrr.....faaaarrrr

*giggle*