Your Thoughts on Madonna saying the "N-Word"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah she just didn't grow into any new role as she got older. What was shocking back in 1985 is groan worthy now.
I think she feels she has to do things like that in order to stay relevant and in the public eye, since her attempts to transition into acting and directing didn't go over well at all. Plus it's not like she has the songwriting chops or voice to transition into another genre of music, so I think she's stuck in the old "shocking" role.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
She charmed the pants off Dick Clark first time she was on "American Bandstand". She said her ambitions were "to dominate the world and be rich". Great. What can you do for an encore?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think she feels she has to do things like that in order to stay relevant and in the public eye, since her attempts to transition into acting and directing didn't go over well at all. Plus it's not like she has the songwriting chops or voice to transition into another genre of music, so I think she's stuck in the old "shocking" role.
She's big enough a celebrity that she could have retired years ago and she'd still be popular on her back catalog. We know about her, the younger generation has heard of her... if she completely disappeared, everyone would still be talking about her. She doesn't need to be shocking or relevant anymore, but she feels she needs the limelight to stay known. And she was heavy handed with it before, she's trying to bludgeon everyone with it now.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
She's big enough a celebrity that she could have retired years ago and she'd still be popular on her back catalog. We know about her, the younger generation has heard of her... if she completely disappeared, everyone would still be talking about her. She doesn't need to be shocking or relevant anymore, but she feels she needs the limelight to stay known. And she was heavy handed with it before, she's trying to bludgeon everyone with it now.
I think some celebrities just can't let go of the limelight once they get a taste of it. Look at someone like Kate Gosselin (different field but similar idea); her show got cancelled three or four years ago, and she's still tossing her kids on morning shows and trying to keep her name out there. Even though Madonna probably has enough to retire on, she can't let go.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sarah Palin's kind of the same way: just when you think you're finally getting a break from her, she thrusts herself back into the spotlight.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Not to mention Octomom. There's one person I'd love to forget existed. But, no, now there's a welfare fraud thing going because they say she didn't report income from, um, adult entertainment income while receiving public aid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sarah Palin's kind of the same way: just when you think you're finally getting a break from her, she thrusts herself back into the spotlight.
I'm going to have to agree with John Oliver... Palin's a troll. Talking about her gives her power, and if we all ignore her, she'll quietly disappear permanently. Maybe she'll take her Machiavellian schemes and Starscream-esque tendencies with her too.

Not to mention Octomom. There's one person I'd love to forget existed. But, no, now there's a welfare fraud thing going because they say she didn't report income from, um, adult entertainment income while receiving public aid.
It's easy to dismiss her as some sort of moron who wanted to have 15 minutes of fame... but then you have to think about the way too many amount of kids she brought into the world to acquire that fame. It's nothing to have her go away when everyone stopped caring, but I feel real sorry for those children. They need to be taken away from her.