Your Thoughts: Muppets' Oz CD

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok people. I have the CD in my hands. Brace yourselves for my thoughts...

Cover art...Hmm...old photo's mainly. Funny Sweetums' pic he's not quite right..sheesh...I am pretty picky, huh. :wink:

First off. Kansas....I had no idea SHE was Kansas. She sounds very....pop musicish. Well, no problem. I had no idea that the songs would sound quite like this....hmmm..well....intriguing.

Nice words though. 6/10

"Where my brain should be there's a cavety...." *sniff* I have shivers going through me totally. Well, I say that's awesome. I love this one song. Gee, Steve really is Jim today. He sounds like Jim's kermit. Wow! Cool! Wow! I love this song! "Stage fright...!" "A shrimp that shimmies." I'm with you.... 8/10

Piggy sounds like the Muppet's From Space Piggy. But she's cool, just a teeny bit off. Johnny? It says Dr Teeth on the Cover! Johnny is the coolest though! "The Witch is in the Hoooouse!" "I don't forgive, I never forget!" "Watch Out!" "On a bad day I'll send you into years of theropy..." Ouch! Don't like the music...but then I never liked Rock...That ain't no Electric Mayhem backup singing....Naaaaahhhh.... 7/10

Calling the...oh, sorry. it's over...

And it's Ashanti again....Nope. Don't like it...oh well. Bet people will like it, just not me. It is, however, a good life. "GOOD LIFE! GOOD LIFE!" Not animal...oh well...(Gosh I am SO picky!!!) 7/10

Ahh! At last! Muppety music...for just a moment, then it went MFS-ish. Speak, speak, come on, come on Dr Teethy-friend! Speeeeeaaaaaaaak! I wanna hear your new vocie...7/10

And now it's the Muppet Show! The clearest version of the song, I've heard. Cool...Fozzie Bear has a joke...no Stadler and Waldof joke! Cool... *dong!* 10/10

Mahna Mahna! 10/10

Bein' Green....I never cared for it. 8/10

Rainbow Connection. Nice clear version. Better than the one I have on my computer. I'll give it 10/10

Lady of Spain (Theee Soong!) 6/10 because I don't like it. :stick_out_tongue:

Halfway down the stairs...heard it before...9/10

What Now My Love. Never heard it before...It's a nice delecate song 10/10

Tenderly. I love it...especially Dr Teeth's nice voice! Ooh yeah! But is that Janice? Hm.....Nahhhhhh! 8/10

Happy Feet....oh how exciting...heard it before...don't care for it anymore. :stick_out_tongue: 7/10

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, ok, okkkkkaaaaaaaaaaay!

I figured out what is wrong with "Tenderly" Louise Gold is singing in the "TENDERLY"

Why?

MWoO

Reaction score
Tenderly likely came from the first season. I believe she played Janice then. If not her, some other female performer. Richard did not take over until season 2. He also didn't have Beaker until season 2 which was when he was created. He really only had Statler and Scooter.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*gasp, gasp*

How could I not know that! Thanks for the help Mwoo.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
MWoO said:
OH! If it has computer multimedia files that means it could have video files or music videos on it! That's a reason for me to buy the sound track if I find it at Target.

I realise this but I want to know what the actual contents of the computer multimedia files are? Thanks for the help though. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just links to the online material, such as the music videos.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Tenderly likely came from the first season. I believe she played Janice then. If not her, some other female performer. Richard did not take over until season 2. He also didn't have Beaker until season 2 which was when he was created. He really only had Statler and Scooter.
Its more likely to be Erin Ozkar singing Tenderly. Louise Gold wasn't involved with TMS Season 1! - she only joined part of the way through (actually quite near the beginning) of Season 2, after Erin Ozkar left.

Hope that helps
Emma

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Just links to the online material, such as the music videos.
That's hardly worth mentioning as a supplementary feature. I thought something like a making of? :confused: Oh well, Thanks for your help Beau :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I like the CD, but the only problem that I have is that I found the Muppet's 25th Anniversary CD the same day:zany:. So I was treated to the same songs... twice. Oh well still like the Oz music. Love "When I'm with you" and "The Witch is in the House." Still like the 25th anninversary better than Oz, but bought them both. Also bought Mega Gonzo for $9.99:big_grin:.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Skekayuk said:
Its more likely to be Erin Ozkar singing Tenderly. Louise Gold wasn't involved with TMS Season 1! - she only joined part of the way through (actually quite near the beginning) of Season 2, after Erin Ozkar left.

Hope that helps
Emma
Yup, that is Eren Ozker singing Janice's part on Tenderly. Richard Hunt was the one who gave her the "like-wow" personality.