Your Thoughts: Muppets' Oz CD

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I got the CD here at Wal Mart a few mins ago and NOW I'm lissing to it... RIGHT NOW!!!! Ahhhhh I LOVE IT. Bill's Dr. Teeth sounds like Jonny F a little, But I'm just glad he's talkin again! :smile: Yoooo Hoooo *jammin to the Music* :cool: :sing:

Erine81981

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
I got the CD here at Wal Mart a few mins ago and NOW I'm lissing to it... RIGHT NOW!!!! Ahhhhh I LOVE IT. Bill's Dr. Teeth sounds like Jonny F a little, But I'm just glad he's talkin again! :smile: Yoooo Hoooo *jammin to the Music* :cool: :sing:
Are you sure that on the song your talking about is the one where Dr. Teeth is singing? Because I heard the "Witch is in the house" song but I thought it was Johnny F. Am I wrong. What does "Nap Time" song sound like?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow. The CD's available right now? Gotta go get it!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Are you sure that on the song your talking about is the one where Dr. Teeth is singing? Because I heard the "Witch is in the house" song but I thought it was Johnny F. Am I wrong. What does "Nap Time" song sound like?
I'm guessing its (Bill's) "Dr. Teeth" it says on the CD cover on the back Miss Piggy & Dr. Teeth and the EM Band but...we'll all find on Friday :big_grin:

blackurth

Reaction score
here's my song by song review..

muppet wizard of oz
1.kansas-This is a really bad song with really bad lyrics,no muppets just ashanti..
2.when I'm with you-this is the only song to feature kermit,fozzie
etc,the second best song on the soundtrack.
3.the witch is in the house-this is the best song on here,I hate to dissapoint everyone but the EM just sing background and you don't hear any individual voices,so no Dr Teeth,Floyd,Janis,etc,you DO hear some singing but you can't tell which character it is,I guess we'll have to wait and see the movie to find out whos singing,I sure hope it's not Dr Teeth because it sure as heck doesn't sound like him,I can hear jerry nelsons voice but I can't tell who else is singing,other than eric doing piggy.
4.calling all munchkins-this song is ONLY 15 seconds long,YOU HEARD ME RIGHT 15 SECONDS LONG,AND IT SUCKS.
5.good life-read the notes for track 1.
6.nap time-again I hate to dissapoint everyone but even though it says EM,there is no singing on it therefore there are no character voices on it,this song is about a minute long,a really short song.

the best of the muppets
all the songs are remastered better than the rhino version so it sounds a little bit better,all the songs are the same versions that were on the rhino c.d. except "the muppet show theme song" which features a little fozzie joke and an extra verse by kermit,"half way down the stairs" is a cute song...

conclusion #1 (wizard of oz)-If the movie is as bad as this soundtrack they should just retire them and only focus on the older stuff ,I hope the soundtrack doesn't reflect the quality of the movie........
conclusion#2 (best of..)This REALLY isn't a "best of...c.d. because it doesn't have all the best stuff on here,it repeats alot of the songs from the rhino c.d. I wish they could have had songs NOT on the rhino release like "never before" and "saying goodbye"

score-I give this release a c-,only because of the older stuff,if it didn't have the older stuff I would give it an F....

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
I JSUT GOT THE CD!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!! It is kinda of weird when the munchkin rats sing. BUT I AM STILL HAPPY!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Bill's Dr. Teeth sounds like Jonny F a little, But I'm just glad he's talkin again! :smile: Yoooo Hoooo *jammin to the Music* :cool: :sing:
It is Johnny Fiama, not Dr. Teeth that you are hearing. The background voices are Miss Piggy's henchmen.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I picked it up the morning after school and enjoyed blasting it in my car on the way home.;-)

I really love the Witch is in the House, Dr.Teeth and the Mayhem may just be "playing the music" for the song in the background of the movie. It's Johnny Fiama and Miss Piggy's pirate henchmen singing in the background.

Anything is Possiable is a lotta fun too!

I wish the munchkin Rat song was longer or was a real song, it's like 5 seconds to my ears!... :sympathy:

It was cool that they used an orignal Muppet show record Muppet show theme so it's diffrent then the Rinio CD version. and adding half way up the stairs was nice too. I wish they would have changed a few tracks. i think it's important that they still kept Mahna Mahna, Being Green, Rainbow Connection, and Happy Feet. But would have liked a few diffrent tracks then the Rinio version such as a diffrent Miss Piggy song, and EM band song, and i would have liked a Rowlf the Dog or Fozzie song as aposed to Marvin Suggs.

Still i really love the CD even though most of the Oz songs star Ashanti, it's understandable with the way things are displayed, Dorthy is the main star of Oz and in this Muppet version she wants to be a star. So i can see why, But we as we always do want more Muppets! :smile:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I like it! I love the "When im with you" song. Gonzo's heart beat rocks! I wish the Rat song was longer. I also wish the EM sang. All and all its good to have a new Muppet CD! Kansas is is a good song!
Ty