Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
People who didn't care for this movie, I'm convinced, saw a different cut of the film than I did.

I mean this thing has so much to make a hardcore fan giddy...it's smart and self aware without abusing breaking the 4th wall like the last one. From the Muppet Babies/answering the kermit and piggy offspring question, to the Rizzo/Robin acknowledgement, to the multiple Sesame references, to so many "thought youd never see those guys again" moments and countless more. This movie isn't for the casual audience, this was made for us hardcore fans by hardcore fans.

beaker

Reaction score
Keeping in mind that I'm a longterm fan, let me say "They already knew DID get married. It was lovely. All their friends came."
As to Kermit needing Mickey's permission to ask Miss Piggy to marry him--I'd like to see that! Kermit needs no-one's permission to do what he already did with the full knowledge and blessing of his creator.
What a complete MESS was made by those who attempted to rewrite history!
You mean The Muppets Take Manhattan? It's my favorite Muppets film and I LOVE the wedding scene, but it's not canon. Nor is Gonzo an "alien", nor Kermit a pirate. My point is that at some point, Disney is going to have to put on a wedding sort of publicity stunt or just drop the whole thing. To someone who compared it to Mickey and Minney, I think it's way different since the wedding hint has been there for decades.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You mean The Muppets Take Manhattan? It's my favorite Muppets film and I LOVE the wedding scene, but it's not canon. Nor is Gonzo an "alien", nor Kermit a pirate. My point is that at some point, Disney is going to have to put on a wedding sort of publicity stunt or just drop the whole thing. To someone who compared it to Mickey and Minney, I think it's way different since the wedding hint has been there for decades.

Well it has certainly been something that Piggy has wanted ever since season one of The Muppet Show. It has just taken Kermit this long to like the idea of marrying her. As I was telling someone else though for them to be married and ups and downs of marriage I think it would work better with a TV show. because there would be more time to develop there Husband and Wife relationship then with an hour and forty-five minute movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
See even here at MC their relationship is always discussed. It really is the center of the Muppet universe whether people like it or not or don't care. :stick_out_tongue: But moving on from K&P I hope after all the promotions are over we get to see them on TV and not just interviews I'd love to see some kind of tv special. Kermit mentioned in an interview he'd love to do a Halloween special!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People who didn't care for this movie, I'm convinced, saw a different cut of the film than I did.
Here's the best way I can describe it. There's that episode of Muppet Show where the pigs take over everything and Piggy knows very well that that badly disguised "Kermit the Pig" isn't the real deal. But she goes along with it anyway because she's promised a starring role in the opening number. That is the ambitious Miss Piggy we know. That is ironic Muppet humor. In contrast, having Piggy fooled so embarrassingly by a laughably disguised Constantine isn't Muppet humor. It's more akin to Scooby Doo humor. Or some other low budget '70s cartoon where the script is written in a day because they're under deadline. And hey, I like Scooby Doo. But that doesn't mean I want to see the Muppets paying tribute, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Why are people getting upset at the ones who didn't like it...their entitled to their opinion. Frankly how most people negatively think about this film is how I feel about MCC when most people like it a lot.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
For me, it's 2.5/3 stars. Not out of control amazing, but really good. It had some good jokes (Constantine was hilarious, Sam the Eagle/Ty combo was great) but there was still this element missing, something I can't really place. The performers were fantastic, as always, the directing was good... I don't know, there's something weird I can't put my finger on that's not here, and it's the same way I felt about the previous installment. But in terms of post-Henson Muppet films, I think this one got pretty darn close to the feel of a classic Muppet film. Maybe it's the fact that they tried really hard to emulate that feeling that makes something ring hollow?

Edit: All that said, I don't know how anyone could flat out hate it. It was a really sweet movie. If I had kids, I would want them to see stuff like this, rather than junk like Mr. Peabody or whatever.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Three words. Something So Right.

SWOON!! :mad: was an obvious highlight for me, and I'll be seeing it for the 4th time this weekend. I LOVED it. Shame so much was cut though. Can't wait to add this to my collection. If you haven't seen it...DO!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Edit: All that said, I don't know how anyone could flat out hate it. It was a really sweet movie. If I had kids, I would want them to see stuff like this, rather than junk like Mr. Peabody or whatever.
If I had kids, I'd bypass both of those and just show them Muppets Take Manhattan. :smile: