Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well this is a wonderful turn of events. First off, the Amazon Instant Video of MMW is down to #30 in "Movies and TV on DVD and Blu-Ray". That is still good, but it never made it past #10, oh well that is good enough. Now, the wonderful turn of events is that the DVD of MMW which basically fell out of the top 100 in less than a week is back in the top 100 at #93, there may be hope for it after all. Also, MMW's Blu-Ray is at #100 in "Movies and TV on DVD and Blu-Ray", and it is good to see that in the top 100 again, hopefully it goes up.
Since Amazon completely jacked MMW's numbers by not offering disc pre-orders (due to their greed feud with Disney) those Amazon ratings numbers are meaningless.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Plus, people are buying Robin Williams movies like mad, which sends them to the top of the list and takes up some of the dollars that would have gone to MMW.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Plus, people are buying Robin Williams movies like mad, which sends them to the top of the list and takes up some of the dollars that would have gone to MMW.
Actually the only Robin Williams movie in the top 20 in "Movies and TV on DVD and Blu-Ray" is Mrs. Doubtfire, and that is all the way down at #16. Meanwhile neither MMW's DVD or Blu-Ray is in the top 100 in the same category, though MMW's Amazon Instant Video is at #32, though it keeps going down.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
OMG what is up with my grammar on here?!! That was suppose to say "well they can't do any worse..." :sigh: I swear I don't talk the way I type! Stupid autocorrect!:mad:

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
This week I received my blu-ray copy of this movie. I bought it from Ebay for 10 dollar and it contained the blu-ray disc, the case with cover and the slip. Left out was the DVD and the Digital Code. That didn't bother me because I never use the digital codes and the DVD isn't region free. And in the Netherlands can't watch the USA region code. When I opened I saw they left the advertisements inside. After some previews, the menu was very nice. I read somewhere that there were stock photo's in the interrogation room but mine had new footage of the Muppets. The extra's were nice but not spectacular. I really like the music video because I really like Bret since I saw Flight of the Conchords.

The the 3 cuts: In the other topics I wrote about the Theatrical cut so I'm gonna pass that. The Statler and Waldorf Cut is a funny gag. I thought all along that this was gonna be a gag cut so I wasn't let down. Then the Extended Cut. It's a bit a hit and miss. Some parts were great (All the extra Rawlf footage), some were bad (Extra Number one and two joke, Dance scene without a Muppet in it). But overall I think it's a great cut. The quality of the footage is great. Colors are vibrant and sharp. The audiotrack is also good. I couldn't hear that it was a lossy track.

Conclusion: A great movie transfer. The Extended cut is a great extra. The other extra's are funny but could have been more. Great addition for my blu-ray collection.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
From what I've been led to believe by a user on YouTube, the yellow creature in the song I'll Get You What You Want is the "you are my sunshine" creature. That's supposedly what I've been told. It may look like it, but it's not the you are my sunshine creature and it's certainly not the gold Fazoob with the tuft of pink hair on its head, which as I much I wish it was, it's not. Anyone else think the Thingy-Thing was the gold Fazoob at first?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Great! It looks there won't be a third sequel of The Muppets or tv series of it. Disney is going to lose the muppets.......again!:cry:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great! It looks there won't be a third sequel of The Muppets or tv series of it. Disney is going to lose the muppets.......again!:cry:
Sadly it is true, we are back in 1999, the latest muppet movie has disappointed at the box office, and the future of the muppets looks hazy.