Your Thoughts: Muppets Live at the Hollywood Bowl September 8-10, 2017

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Really? Wow, that's...kinda disappointing.
Given how many characters there are in any given song and the performers doing multiples sometimes, it makes sense. Plus, doing all those character voices live for so long is gonna wear their vocal chords out.

And on the idea of touring, really, the best case scenario for me would be to do a Broadway thing, professionally film it and then bring it to movie theaters like they do with other shows and operas and such.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Given how many characters there are in any given song and the performers doing multiples sometimes, it makes sense. Plus, doing all those character voices live for so long is gonna wear their vocal chords out.
You know, looking back, I'm gonna disagree. It sure seems like most of their songs are being done live. Again, footage from tonight will be a tell-tale sign and might prove me wrong, but I think most of it is actually being sung real time.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I wanted to comment my feelings on some of the recasts...

- I think the Newsman is fine. It does sound like Guy Smiley, but it doesn't bother me as much.

- Beaker's recast is fine as well. I don't think there's a huge problem recasting Beaker.

- I don't think I like Peter's Robin. It kind of sounds like Robin has a cold or he hit puberty real fast..lol.

- Not sure how I feel about Peter as Lips either..I'm mixed on it at the moment.

- Same goes for Matt's Kermit. He's doing a fantastic job at singing, but the chemistry between other characters and regular dialogue isn't clicking with me. I'm hoping he'll improve on that, cause I still don't feel much liveliness to Kermit when he isn't singing. There are 2 more shows, so I wanna see what he'll bring to Kermit each night.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
As long as they come to Portland or Eugene Oregon I would be fine. We have a huge outdoor amphitheater in Eugene that would be perfect for a muppet stage show!

Edit: On a side note I really wish we had an MP3 of Matts version of Rainbow Connection! It was so beautifully done. Because we have the original version thats Jims, then M11 which is Steves. Actually what would be cooler would be an album of songs from the show but I don't see that one happening.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
A few things that I'm taking away from these clips:
  • The fact that this event happened in the first place proves that the Muppets are still relevant and are not going down ANYTIME soon.
  • The recasts are really great, considering the messy circumstances surrounding Steve's departure. Matt is amazing as Kermit (I especially loved his performance in the "Happy Feet" number), and Peter sounds really good as Link. Eric isn't quite doing it for me as the Newsman just yet however.
  • What an incredibly balanced "set list!" They included Mahna Mahna, Moving Right Along, Can You Picture That, Rainbow Connection, and Bohemian Rhapsody! Not to mention the fan favorite segments like Muppet Labs, Pigs in Space, and the Swedish Chef's Kitchen. (They even put in "Good Grief, the Comedian's a Bear!")
  • I hope that the ENTIRE show will be posted soon so that those of us who couldn't make it can watch it.
  • I really missed out on something special, didn't I?

Last edited: