Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa" will arrive on DVD this Tuesday September 29.

Here's our review of this anticipated DVD. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Since most of us will be getting the Letters to Santa DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you haven't read it, here's an insightful interview from the Letters to Santa writers.

Once you receive your Letters to Santa DVD, post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated release.

zns

Reaction score
Despite the review of the bonus features and extended scenes, this is one Henson moment that I am adding to my video library. I think I'll wait and buy this along with the 40th anniversary Sesame Street DVD set around thanksgiving as it gets a little bit closer to the season. Looks promising though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link. Did you notice that Disney called the special a "holiday movie"? I like a lot about the special, but it seems as if Disney is trying to indirectly sell this as a full theatrical feature and not a television special with it's higher price point.
I did notice that. Didn't think it odd until you mentioned it, but... now that you mention it, yes, that is strange. I guess they really are trying to sell more discs, and more power to them for that I suppose. Goodness knows we need the publicity!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
First Muppet movie/special to have someone on the side of the box other than Kermit to my knowledge (Season 2 and 3 of TMS don't count). And DEFFINITELY the first time it was... :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link. Did you notice that Disney called the special a "holiday movie"? I like a lot about the special, but it seems as if Disney is trying to indirectly sell this as a full theatrical feature and not a television special with it's higher price point.
It really does, now that you mention it... I'm sure I've seen Disney do this with a LOT of their telefilms... but this was on a Broadcast Hour (40 something minutes + Commercials)... I guess they considered it was a movie, despite the fact it was just a special and priced it as such.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anybody notice how the cover has small images of Nathan Lane, Uma Thurman, and Whoopi Goldberg? Lane and Thurman make a little sense, but Whoopi Goldberg only appears for a few seconds. This would be more acceptable if it had all or most of the special's celebrities on the cover (similar to the original video covers for The Muppet Movie, The Mupets Take Manhattan, and Follow That Bird).