Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

rtgentry

Reaction score
i went to walmart to get it today and looked in the two new release sections and didnt find it. I found it with the family films. I forked out 20$ for it, but its for a muppet sake so I wont complain tooooo much.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well even though originally I said I won't pay a high price for this DVD. I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't resist, :smirk:, so I went ahead and forked out the 20 bucks for this DVD.

To be honest, their is a part of me that feels a little like a sap for spending 20 bucks on a single disc dvd though. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the special enough, but I feel like this tv special doesn't really justify 20 dollars even with the extra features, actually with those christmas lights around the delete scenes and interviews kind of annoyed me a little bit.

But all in all, though I'm not too happy about the money I spent on this special, I am overall very happy to have it. I'm wacthing it at the moment and my favorite song on this special, which is "I wish I could be Santa Claus." So even though I still feel it's a bit on the costly side, I guess I won't be compain too much, Muppets (and Uma Therman, :flirt:) are worth it, :smile:.

ploobis

Reaction score
I LOVE THE DVD!

This is a great Muppet Christmas Classic to enjoy year after year.

I loved the Out Takes! The one with Rizzo's jacket was hilarious!

:shifty: "I HATE MY COAT!"

I also wonder, Was that Marty Robinson preforming one of those snails?

dwmckim

Reaction score
As you can see from the credits (and isn't it so nice being able to see and read them?) Marty was one of the Muppeteers - not that often one gets to see him working with the Classic gang!

You know, i know the extra scenes that were cut for time and restored on the dvd aren't a large amount and none last that long, but just like MWOO it's AMAZING what a difference they make in terms of timing, pace, and humor. Those scenes and small moments here and there really add up in a big way. I guess one of the sad things about having to do something direct-for-tv is that you have to trim everything down to a specific running time and the first stuff to go are the great little Muppet humor and character moments. I just wish they would have put ALL the cut scenes in the show proper instead of having some of them as bonus features - would have made the main production even better and they could have put some better bonus features in those scenes' place.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the goof with Rizzo's voice? In an extended scene at the air port, Rizzo asks who would want to go to the North Pole. It's not Steve's voice (he was busy with Kermit). They never re-dubbed the line.

Anyhoodles, just wanted to point out one other thing... Sorry to drag the conversation over here, but, see the way the Muppets make Nathan Lane crack up in the outtakes? That's the way the Muppets should always be. Upstaging those around them, making great actors break up, and that's why I love Steve, Bill, Eric, Dave, and the whole Muppety-Muppet gang.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Anyhoodles, just wanted to point out one other thing... Sorry to drag the conversation over here, but, see the way the Muppets make Nathan Lane crack up in the outtakes? That's the way the Muppets should always be. Upstaging those around them, making great actors break up, and that's why I love Steve, Bill, Eric, Dave, and the whole Muppety-Muppet gang.
YES! The outtakes with Nathan Lane were HYSTERICAL! I gained even more respect and love for Bobo. He's SO funny.

"Should we cancel the cattle prod?"
"Not necessarily..."
"Ooh..."

muppetguy

Reaction score
Why sisn't this DVD available for pick up in any stores? I just checked Bestbuy and you have to order it online. Not such a smart move, is it?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Why sisn't this DVD available for pick up in any stores? I just checked Bestbuy and you have to order it online. Not such a smart move, is it?
I couldn't find it at Best Buy either, had to go to Wal-Mart. I know Target has it too.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
YES! The outtakes with Nathan Lane were HYSTERICAL! I gained even more respect and love for Bobo. He's SO funny.

"Should we cancel the cattle prod?"
"Not necessarily..."
"Ooh..."
"What are you doing?"
"I'm trying to rub you the RIGHT way there."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
All the recast voices I have to say that Floyd and Robin where spot on in this. Now the question is who did them?