Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking" premieres on-line March 16, 2018

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I get that Frank wanted a "raw" movie, by having shots with camera men and the whole coffee break bit. But by that logic, they might as well have recorded the thing on camcorders from 1998. The film itself looks good, I don't see why they wouldn't want their b-roll to be the same.
Unless Frank did not want to involve Henson at all. Which would be odd,but another possibility, but I did notice that Debbie McCain was thanked, so I didn't know.
The division of JHC Muppet Studios and Sesame Workshop has probably brought some division with the prefomers, and those companies.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, but they still had to be able to use those clips, regardless. And they credited the use of the Muppet music during the intro and credits, not the footage.

They wouldn't have to really go to Disney or Sesame for stuff; the Jim Henson Legacy has it all. Just shoot an email saying, "Hey Craig / Karen. Can we get some footage of Waiter Grover or Kermit playing the banjo in the swamp?"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have realized that Frank talks about The Muppets, and Disney, and he talks about Sesame Street. He doesn't however talk about the Jim Henson Company, or it's projects. I'm almost surprised that during all of his interview s he has done no one has asked him about the new Dark Crystal coming out. There maybe some Ill feelings between Henson and Frank, but that is all speculation.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Wait, there's a new Dark Crystal coming out?

Besides the point, Jim and Frank had always been friends since Jim first saw him at a puppet convention back in the early 1960s. They were like brothers-in-arms. Maybe he just doesn't talk about the JHC that much since they haven't been putting out a whole lot of input as of late, even though their new collaboration with Sonar on the sci-fi show "Rift" looks interesting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wait, there's a new Dark Crystal coming out?

Besides the point, Jim and Frank had always been friends since Jim first saw him at a puppet convention back in the early 1960s. They were like brothers-in-arms. Maybe he just doesn't talk about the JHC that much since they haven't been putting out a whole lot of input as of late, even though their new collaboration with Sonar on the sci-fi show "Rift" looks interesting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They wouldn't have to really go to Disney or Sesame for stuff; the Jim Henson Legacy has it all. Just shoot an email saying, "Hey Craig / Karen. Can we get some footage of Waiter Grover or Kermit playing the banjo in the swamp?"
Considering it was always produced by Sesame Workshop, I wonder how much video footage from Sesame Street the JHC Archives has copies of (it seems like they do have copies of a lot of guest appearances owned by other companies, so maybe they do have copies of the show). I'd be willing to bet they'd have copies of Jim Henson's film segments, but would they have full episodes or many Muppet inserts?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved it! I even learned some things I never knew about before. For example, how the dog chase scene from “The Great Muppet Caper” was done!

I laughed whenever they laughed! It’s great that they’re all still friends after so many years. It was great to see Jerry in the film, too.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I loved the entire film! is pure gold!!! I loved seing Dave talking like Frank, can´t wait to see them performing together again!!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
@Oscarfan Victoria and Frank are doing a Question and answer today. I'm going to try and find out about the pictures and videos quality for ya.