Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy ends May 31, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you considered doing MCR as a video stream? I'm not sure how strict copyright policies are on some other video streaming sites, but I've seen people do podcast/radio streams on places like YouTube and Twitch. You could come up with a graphic to set the music to, or even an interface to show the playlist, ads, subscribers, donations, etc. Just a thought.
Thank you for the suggestion. As discussed earlier, this is a direct result of the Copyright Royalty Board's US royalty rates which are set to increase annually through 2022. Having a video stream doesn't address paying for royalty rates.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Well today is the day that Muppet Central Radio will end.

This is of course unfortunate if @Phillip can't find a new platform but I would like to thank him for giving us Muppet Central Radio for the time we've had it.

fragglevision

Reaction score
Have you decided what you're gonna do with the station after today? Are you moving it to that other site or switching it to a video stream like that other person suggested you should do?

fragglevision

Reaction score
Another thing I realized about video streams: If you ever happen to switch to one then I'd suggest you don't put crossfade between songs, especially if there's dialogue at the end of the songs. I was listening to Cock A Doodle Blues and the last few lines were nearly lost during the transition to the next song.

Jake the Dog

Reaction score
So May 31 has come and gone... and the station is still running? Did I miss something?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio has been removed from Radionomy. An announcement concerning the future of the station will occur next week.

Thank you to each of you who've shown your support privately and publicly. To see that so many love the station as much as we do means a lot.

If you'd like to help us continue, please kindly consider making a secure donation through PayPal to help with our increased streaming expenses.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio has been removed from Radionomy. An announcement concerning the future of the station will occur next week.

Thank you to each of you who've shown your support privately and publicly. To see that so many love the station as much as we do means a lot.

If you'd like to help us continue, please kindly consider making a secure donation through PayPal to help with our increased streaming expenses.
The radio player is still there, but there's no more sound coming out of it.

fragglevision

Reaction score
Fittingly enough, the last song I ever heard from Muppet Central Radio was the TMS version of Love Will Keep Us Together. Fingers crossed that it'll continue in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.