Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy ends May 31, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Radionomy has announced that on May 31, 2019 all stations based in the US, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed from the Radionomy platform.

This is a direct result of the Copyright Royalty Board's US royalty rates which are set to increase annually through 2022. Radionomy has paid these royalties in exchange for airing ads on our station.

Radionomy is offering broadcasters the option to migrate their stations to their sister company Shoutcast, however, broadcasters are solely responsible for paying royalties if broadcasting with Shoutcast. Therefore, if Muppet Central Radio is to continue, our streaming expenses will increase significantly whether we migrate to Shoutcast or move to another platform.

We've begun looking into new avenues for broadcasting Muppet Central Radio to fans around the world. Hundreds listen every day and if possible, we want to continue Muppet Central Radio for years to come. An announcement concerning the future of Muppet Central Radio will be made in the upcoming weeks.

If you listen regularly, kindly consider financially supporting the station to help us continue. Please make a secure donation through PayPal and help keep Muppet Central Radio alive.

Muppet Central Radio debuted on January 28, 2000 and broadcasts live around the world. Radionomy and Shoutcast are owned by AudioValley. Radionomy was founded in 2008 and based in Brussels, Belgium.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Keep believing, keep pretending...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This is a shame to hear. I used to listen to the station a lot on Radionomy, and it's sad to find out that this will all be ending.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
That sucks, I hope you can find a new place because I love listening to Muppet Central radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know where you are planning on moving to?
As was said in the original post, we're looking into new avenues for possibly continuing to broadcast Muppet Central Radio. However, no definitive decision has been made.

We're currently gauging interest. If you listen regularly, respond to this post and let us know. Also, please confirm if you would be willing to make a secure donation through PayPal to help with our increased streaming expenses that will begin in June.

An announcement concerning whether or not Muppet Central Radio will continue will be made in the upcoming weeks.

Jake the Dog

Reaction score
I feel terrible for not tuning in until it was almost too late! Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this wonderful project, I'd love to support it however I can.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Have you considered doing MCR as a video stream? I'm not sure how strict copyright policies are on some other video streaming sites, but I've seen people do podcast/radio streams on places like YouTube and Twitch. You could come up with a graphic to set the music to, or even an interface to show the playlist, ads, subscribers, donations, etc. Just a thought.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel terrible for not tuning in until it was almost too late! Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this wonderful project, I'd love to support it however I can.
Thank you Jake for the support and the donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.