Your Thoughts: Kermit hosts Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That was so sweet :smile: And what was great is it combined the seriousness of the project with the right amount of muppet comedy :big_grin: Although, I wasnt suprised they got a ford hybrid

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i laughed i cryed and i was moved i havent been moved by anything the muppets have done in a long time. wow Great job Kermit, you really made me proud to have know your work for all these years.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I thought it was fantastic!
And Sgt Floyd,I agree with you regarding combining the seriousness with Kermit's comedy.:smile:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I laughed, I cried, and I once again agreed with myself that Steve IS Kermit.
Just brilliant, the puppetry, the voice, the personallity, everything. The yelling, loud voice, singing, and vocal range was amazingly Kermit like. Even the whistling and 'clicking'.

Finally we cannot complain about Kermit not getting enough airtime. I feel they didn't include any other muppets because they didn't want to repeat what they already did. My favorite Muppet starring in my favorite TV show = priceless.

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I thought this was an amazing thing! When Kermit sang the Rainbow Connection to raise money for that school I almost cried! It was so emotional and an awesome thing to do. What really amazed me was how many people knew the words and were singing along. Overall the episode was great and I'm glad Kermit was there!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? It started at 8? Thought it was at 9, that's when I started watching.

Liked that they brought in Davey Jones... Could've gotten some different songs though.
The concert at the school's gym was nice... But I can hear why people think Steve needs more practice singing Rainbow Connection. The little adlibs were a funny touch, just think he needs some more "quiet" emotion put into it.
The secret bedroom was probably the best... With the froggy motiff, how it was places that make Kermit relax and think of home... And the plack with the message signed by Kermit T. Frog was the best of all.

The bit where he brought in the mariachi band... True Muppety humor... Now come on, when are they gonna play something good, like Java.
And Kermit driving the bus out of the way... Rully great stuff. Now I know why I didn't miss out on the episode they did last year.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The Count said:
The bit where he brought in the mariachi band... True Muppety humor... Now come on, when are they gonna play something good, like Java.
Yeah, that was funny. Like I said in my before post, they had a great mix of seriousness and muppetness :big_grin::big_grin: :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i watched it with my girlfriend over the phone. she lives in florida and im in Tennessee and all she could say for the whole show was that it moved her. i could not agree more. it was really the best thing i have seen the muppets do in a very long time.

Smiles

Reaction score
It was fantastic, kermit hosting! I loved the rainbow connection and that band (what's the name for it?) to tell everyone there was only a day left.

I also love how everything interesting that happened was cause "kermit thought it was a good idea" Kermit thought it was agood idea for us to get the highschoolers for demolision, kermit thought it was a good idea for us to bring Davey Jones from the Monkees, Kermit thought it was a good idea for me to dress up like a monkey.....

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Quite an interesting ride, although I daresay that after tonight's episode Ty is never leaving the design team alone again.

That said, I think Kermit settled into the role of "team leader" quite well. I agree that Steve needs to work on his "Rainbow Connection"; one of the things that irked me was that a lot of the words sounded clipped. The song's got to flow, Steve. It's got to flow.

The monkey room/Monkees room practical joke cracked me up. It was definately a prank worthy of Ty Penningtom. And I knew that when Paul introduced him in the video, Sarah was going to say "Who?". And did anyone else notice the framed picture of Davey Jones on her desk? Wonder how long that's going to stay there.

And Kermit bringing in the mariachi band...priceless. Gotta give him points for that, 'cause it's a lot more original than just shouting into a bullhorn. Although I wonder...was Paulie blaming Ty, or begging him to get his [CENSORED] back to the team ASAP?

-Kim