Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Maybe I should have mentioned that after Sal pointed Steve out, both Kermit and Jimmy tried to dismiss him as Kermits "personal assistant".

Mark Filton

Reaction score
To Super Scooter :big_grin:

Yes, Jim Henson DID sit there with Kermit out in the open, as he did with Doozers on the Today Show with Gene Shalit.

Also there was a big run with Kermit on Johnny Carson as himself.

BUT THE BIG difference is NEVER TWO WAYS AT ONCE :concern:

If Jim is with the frog in the open okay, and if perfroming hidden okay, but NEVER do you mess with things once decided.

How many Muppet Show episodes are there were you can see Henson's head?

How is that for a question? :confused:

If the Kimmel people cared they would have had a little talk with all guests and said "please be nice." But they did not. They spoiled the fun by mentioning Whitmire. And all that dirty talk. Kermit always looked awkward there to me.

I am just speaking for me only, and I feel that is the proof of the pudding is that the Kimmel people didn't really care or appreciate, and anybody should expect that because the show is dirty and stupid all the time.

Go for Letterman or Leno and roll the dice with a class act, or toss Pepe or Johnny (my avatar and Italian saying are humour inspired by him) to Kimmel instead.

Kermit deserves the best!!!!! :smile:

Kimmel is the worst late night show there is

Am I wrong :big_grin:

Robin

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I agree that you should have your voice heard and you represent some fans, but I don't think it's the majority. The best thing to do is to represent yourself and let those who agree with you write their own letters.
I am representing myself ,and I don't care to sugar coat this and be a polliticaly correct monkey. I don't need to say Okay folks this is my opinion. Let me make sure everyone knows this. Just in stating what I have said I am sharing MY OPINION!!!!! I do in fact represent a large portion of fans who have no desire to waste time discussing this on a muppet web site because they have lives and they gave up on the Muppets a long time ago.

It seems that we share different views on this and I do appreciate your view point. We make this site a much better site because we are not affraid to share our opposing views with each other. I love that.

How do you really know your in the majority? "In MY OPINION":smile: If you think the Muppets today are just as good as the originals "In MY OPINION":smile: You are
quite silly indeed. There is NO WAY TO EVER RECREATE THE MAGIC REPORE THAT JIM AND FRANK HAD wit there muppets (fozzie-Kermit-Ernie-Burt)!!!!!! That said, new Muppet Creations could capture back some of the magic but it will never be the same. as Chris Mathews says "LETS PLAY HARDBALL!!!!"

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
robin

You are entitled to your opinion, but not to mean-spirited posts. As a moderator, I must ask you to please tone it down. Everyone who participates on this forum has a life. It is not fair to say otherwise. Attacks on other members are unacceptible.

I was offering you friendly advice in writing your letter to Henson. It was not an attack on your point of view even if I do disagree with it. You are welcome to share your thoughts without insulting others or speaking for the rest of us.

You have been representing your view as being from the majority of fans, but it's simply the majority of fans you know. Thousands of fans have visited Muppet Central, Tough Pigs and Palisades Toys forum among others and this is not the general consensus I've seen from the many people around these parts. I have heard your point of view expressed here and there. Keep in mind that these are fans from around the world and not just one region. That's what makes Muppet Central and other forums so great. The bottom line is that you should write the letter from your own heart and conscience.

There is no way anyone can recapture the magic of Jim Henson. The Muppet characters have always evolved and this is yet another step in that evolution. It’s a good thing that Kermit, Fozzie, Ernie and Bert live on reguardless of the context. These are living breathing creations, not time capsules or empty icons. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Everyone who participates on this forum has a life.
:confused:

Life? What is this "life" of which you speak?

:cry:

*runs off to cry into pillow*

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"Thousands of fans have visited Muppet Central, Tough Pigs and Palisades Toys forum among others"

Now with meaning others, you mean DomDeliuse.com right?

I know...pointless info, just trying ta lighten the mood. :smile:

Zach,

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How many Muppet Show episodes are there were you can see Henson's head?
There's a thread here at MC about this somewhere.

Henson and other performers' heads and arms are seen kind of often; in the Jim Henson Hour Secrets of the Muppets, all the performers talk to the camera with their Muppets over their heads!!

And at MuppetFest, there was no magic lost in seeing the puppets on the laps of the performers during Q&A sessions.

It depends on how much fantasy you have in your heart as to whether seeing the performer matters or not. I'm weird, though, and LOOK for that kind of thing.

When Kermit leaves Piggy's dressing room (before she's arrested) in TMTM if you watch the mirror behind her, you'll see Kermit leaving and below him Jim Henson's head!! IN A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! LOL!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
"Thousands of fans have visited Muppet Central, Tough Pigs and Palisades Toys forum among others"

Now with meaning others, you mean DomDeliuse.com right?

I know...pointless info, just trying ta lighten the mood. :smile:

Zach,
hey, Zack? You able to get on aim now?

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Oh boy :big_grin:

You guys don't understand what I'm saying, as you point out a bunch of times we see performers by accident or sitting with their characters in the open.

There is a big difference, but you say the same things again.

Look, it is okay to have a performer sit with the character for a talk, or sometimes fun to find a mistake where you see an arm where you shouldn't, but it is TOTALLY WRONG to point out a performer in the middle of a performance.

Do you stand up during a play and say "Hey buddy! I know you! How is your new house?" to an actor? That is VERY rude.

The Kimmel guests weren't all that great, and didn't mesh well with Kermit much at all. To help keep the magic special, the Kimmel people should have told everyone not to disturb or mention Whitmire himself, and if they did, they should have edited it out.

It is only me I am talking for. Majorities are not always right. Many years ago a majority of people thought it was okay for black people to be slaves, so I don't care about the majority because it is meaningless.

You can only believe in your own beliefs :big_grin:

If this is where the careless owners of Kermit are taking him, it makes me sad :cry:

My idea of good humour is Red Skelton and Bob Newhart and Bill Cosby. I guess others like Chris Rock and Howard Stern style.

Mr. Henson always was gentle and wise and smart, and putting his whimsical frog in a garbage show like Kimmel is totally wrong.

The only Muppets on that show should have been Pepe or Johnny, not our beloved Kermit who once delighted toddlers on Sesame Street in that old film footage from the 1970-s years.

The Henson people wanted the DVD mentioned a bunch of times on the show and they sure got that, so I hope they are happy with the money. It was easier to exploit and "sell out" the famous Kermit for that. Henson company got money but LOST magic. TERRIBLE decision!

It would have been harder and challenging to put Johnny or Pepe in there, but the Henson company took the easy and quick way and "sold out" Kermit.

Dealing with the devil you always lose out.

We lost a piece of Kermit's magic on that garbage program.

Good people don't give away the beautiful things in life for the quick buck. Where is the SPECIAL caring for our SPECIAL frog????
:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree that once the decision is made to perform the character a certain way (performer or sans-performer visibility) it should continue that way. The tone is set from the top. That means the host. Kimmel appears to be socially inept with little control over his show. In other words - bad host.

That being said, the Muppets have referred to their puppeteers before - looking down and freaking out in the Jim television tribute special and mentioning them in a very sly way. However, this is the performer's prerogative and not some self appointed comedian. That was very tacky.

Kermit handled himself well. I'm glad he was on the show. Kimmel's audience seemed to really connect with him and that's what counts. Who cares what a bunch of D level celebrities think? People still love the frog!
:smile: