Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Robin

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
This is getting us nowhere.
It's sending a message to the Henson Company that the fans won't settle for this crap. This franchise means too much to me to have this abuse take place.

I don't think any one from the Henson Company would have the balls to confront me on this issue.

This has nothing to do with Kimmel! He is funny and so is his uncle Frank.
Kermit dose not nor should he conribute to that style of comedy.
I would like to see other muppets do it but not Kermit he is the nice guy, sort of the head CEO of the Muppets. He would be the one to cringe and discipline other
Muppets for crossing the line wich would be OK. Not Kermit!!!!!

Half the people on this site did not live thru the muppet glory days.
I experienced it all and it seems to me that others who have agree with me.

I wish I worked there, and I had power! The Muppets would be more what we were used to, and I could make them edgy and cool without the crasp, insulting, and very dissapointing new muppet personalities of the classic characters we love!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Incredible stupidity from the people who own Kermit.
Well, let's just hope they don't decide to sell out to any other companies for a long time!!

I have been around the Muppets since I was a kid, and I don't have a problem with anything that I have heard about. He's playing to a particular audience, and was reserved from it for a while, but when you're dying on stage you either pull out and get off the stage, or you play to that audience. It's not a kids show or a family show, it's a show for adults, and if parents let their kids see it then they're the ones with the problem.

Just watch Kermit, you'll notice he works the audience to find out what their humor level is on, then plays to that audience. Whether it's on Wayne Brady, Jimmy Kimmel, or Hollywood Squares.

Of course, at this point and time, JHC will have him on Kimmel in order to rope back in that audience to the muppet core fandom. If it means being a little crude, then there you go.

Robin

Reaction score
No! Kermit will bomb on a show like Kimmel. Where as Rizzo would not.
You people are not listening to what your reading!!! Kermit should stay away from that stuff!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Robin said:
It's sending a message to the Henson Company that the fans won't settle for this crap. This franchise means too much to me to have this abuse take place.
It would be best to complain about your own observations rather than claim that you are representing all of the fans. From what I've been reading on the threads most fans like how Kermit is being performed and I am one of them. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Robin said:
Kermit should stay away from that stuff!!!
Don't represent me, but I think you should have your voice heard. Email the opinions here:

fanmail@henson.com

The JHC Folk pop in from time to time and read this forum, but a direct email might be more helpful. :smirk:

Hope it helps!
FOZ

Robin

Reaction score
I'm not the only one. I know that some fans do agree with me too.
I realize I don't represent all Muppet fans. I feel comfortable on my stance
and I do feel its worth debate.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree that you should have your voice heard and you represent some fans, but I don't think it's the majority. The best thing to do is to represent yourself and let those who agree with you write their own letters.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Robin said:
He would be the one to cringe and discipline other
Muppets for crossing the line
No, that's Sam's job. Kermit would never say this type of stuff on any of his own shows, but this is not his show.

Note; When I said This is getting us nowhere, I ment that for a while all we've been doing is ranting and repeating things that have already been said about twenty times in this thread (myself included)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Mark Filton said:
and somebody else had to give a description of Whitmire while performing, which spoils the Muppet magic completely :cry:
Seeing Steve Whitmire actually performing doesn't ruin the Muppet magic at all, in my opinion. In fact, to me, it heightens the splendidness of the magic behind-the-scenes! I've seen so many documentaries on the Muppets, each one showing what goes on under the puppets, and every time I watch a Muppet movie it a astounds me that there could possibly be two six-foot tall men crouched under Fozzie Bear! Or Rowlf. I still cannot take it in! I've seen them actually performing hundreds of times, and I stil,l cannot picture them doing it while watching a Muppet movie. And where were you during the eighties? Jim Henson was there on screen during almost all of Kermit's tv appearances!