Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's alright. You're entitled to your opinion. It's just a little surprising that it's different from the rest of ours. I guess you're one of those people who feels that it's true some people felt that other performers could do a closer Kermit to Jim's Kermit than Steve has done, and that's okay. But the fact is that Steve IS Kermit and has been since Jim's death. I know what you mean though. Again, the day may come when Whitmire retires and Artie or someone else might start to perform :smile:, but we're all hoping that will be a long way off, but in your case it would give you something to look forward to. It's hard to please everyone.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm glad this has been bumped because it is such a compelling debate. I really enjoyed rereading this thread because of the diversity, and I'd like to jump back in.

First let me say I am strongly opposed to Steve–bashing, although I see that some people interpret replacing Steve as Steve–bashing, and I don't know that that is the issue. So as I said awhile back, in about 15 years, Steve will have been performing Kermit as long as Jim had. That's a fascinating point to me, because it could reason to stand that eventually, Kermit could be Steve's character more then he was Jim's in terms of experience. Assuming Steve performs Kermit up to, and past that time, and assuming Kermit would still be around in say 40 years (and there is currently no evidence to suggest otherwise), it's reasonable to assume Steve will no longer be able to perform Kermit. So my question to all of you is: at what point would you expect to see Kermit switch performers, to what kind of performer, and how would you prefer the exchange happen?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
For Steve to mentor the next performer, quite like Spinney is with Vogel on SS with Big Bird.