Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that HBO Max is live, all Sesame Street classic episodes from HBO Max will be added here. Please talk about episode specific discussions in their respective threads.

"The Not-Too-Late Show With Elmo" discussions will also be added here. New episodes are expected to debut each Wednesday.

If you have general comments or questions about using the service, please post them in this discussion.

Subscriptions are also available for $14.99 monthly. If you already have HBO or an AT&T service (internet, tv or cell phone), you may have access to HBO Max already in your existing plan. Find out on the HBO Max website or in your AT&T account.

You can also sign up for a free trial of HBO Max at the link below.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, HBO Max has officially launched. And as for classic episodes, there are no episodes that HBO did not already have. This may be the biggest disappointment in my life. I’m pretty sure the articles I read awhile back said that it would feature “a broad selection of the shows 50-year library” and “episodes that have not been seen by the public in decades.” Well, that turns out not to be the case. I mean it’s possible they may add more at some point, but somehow, I doubt it. And the fact that they never advertised it much, I feel like that should have been a big hint.

MuppetHistory

Reaction score
Don't get too upset just yet. Looking at what's on right now, about half of the 100 or so episodes on the service are newly available.

ssetta

Reaction score
Don't get too upset just yet. Looking at what's on right now, about half of the 100 or so episodes on the service are newly available.
I actually just noticed that. They have all the Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Camp Echo Rock episodes. But I haven’t seen any others. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. Because when I look in episodes, it just lists the episodes that have already been on HBO.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Actually, as of right now, according to Muppet Wiki, there are plenty of episodes released. Maybe HBO Max content is only for HBO subscribers, hence the "MAX", and maybe you don't have HBO on your TV?

I saw the extensive list of episodes that are offered on HBO Max. Many of them are episodes that have circulated on the Internet (even though some have been taken down), and there are many that have been aired on Noggin, as well as some of the episodes that are offered on iTunes and also released to home video. The good thing is, there are many that have not been released into syndication, nor on home video releases, nor uploaded by many users. I'm even more amazed that the James Earl Jones episode from April 1979 is being offered (with the debut of "Disco D"). However, it is very interesting that the Season 10 premiere is not offered at this time, despite having been aired on HBO, Noggin, and also released to home media and iTunes - guess people were quite tired of seeing that episode.

That said, I am interested in giving HBO Max a try. Could I just pay a subscription fee to the streaming app, even if I don't have HBO on my TV? Also, can the older episodes be accessible in Canada?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Also, ssetta, here is a link that shows what episodes are available at this point. Could be due to the time zone you're in.

ssetta

Reaction score
Oh wow I just looked. Yeah, they have quite a few episodes that haven’t been released before. In fact, a lot of them! And I’ve noticed they do have every episode from season 36 on up.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think you're in for a real treat. You finally got your wishes fulfilled, and this is only the beginning.

One of the episodes that interests me is #1207, the "Bert meets Bertha" episode.

There seems to be very little from Season 13 released, and that is perhaps my most favorite season overall.

I wonder if the episodes are unedited, and unaltered, just like with the iTunes packages? And could this pave the way for more full unedited episodes to be released to iTunes? Or maybe more classic segments from these selected episodes will someday surface on the show's official YouTube channel.

Eithet way, this is a Sesame fan's dream come true.

I am still waiting for a response on subscription information and whether or not the classic episodes will be accessible in Canada.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the articles I read awhile back said that it would feature “a broad selection of the shows 50-year library” and “episodes that have not been seen by the public in decades.”
I recall hearing this kind of stuff, I remembered the wording being episodes that had not been available for streaming before - which doesn't mean episodes that the fans hadn't had available, just ones that hadn't been available for streaming.

But now as we've heard, it does have plenty of classics we haven't seen.

Now for me to look at a list of what's available (even though I don't have the service).

Jakob

Reaction score
And to no one's surprise, they don't have the Wicked Witch episode.

And I think they have the Test Pilot episodes on there, too.