Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Davina

Reaction score
i still think that they went about it in a really crumby way, especially since they keep putting off answering the questions that many of us asked them about their plans to release season 4 seperately after they made that decision to do the big complete series release. if they would at least have been honest with us about it, it would have gone a LONG way towards making a lot of us feel better about the whole thing.
i can understand why they'd take advantage of the whole 25th anniversary thing, but it was still a lousy way to treat their main market up til then by not bothering to answer the concerns of all the fans who were wondering if we were now going to be stuck having to repurchase material we'd already bought when we had been told we'd be getting season 4 seperately.. all they really needed to do was come out and let us know that season 4 was now being pushed back a year (or even 2.. just let us know...) Instead, it has been complete silence and form letters that in no way answer any of our concerns. And then when the series set has problems, they barely do anything to correct the issue, leaving it to the few of us here who know to contact them for replacements (and did i read someone say they now aren't getting responses about that?) and are apparently leaving everyone else out to hang. It just seems like one poor decision being made after another.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately, HIT won't address those kinds of direct questions (yet) because they themselves aren't sure. Each product has to prove itself to keep the brand going. They're also focused on the item at hand, which is the complete series. It's a tough pill to swallow because we're getting neither the item we want, and were expecting, nor the answers to our questions.

But things have a way of working out. I believe our patience will pay off. Besides, if putting out this set attracts new consumers and strengthens the brand, which might allow for future products to be made, I'm all for it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, they went about it all the wrong way. They could have at least put sets both out at the same time.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I just got the series box set for Christmas (along with the small stuffed Fraggles that came out last year I think) and, it looks pretty good so far, only two discs were loose and they looked in pretty good condition, so I guess I'm one of the lucky one's eh? lol

I haven't started watching them yet, with my job at Wal-Mart (which I got back in September), I have to choose my schedule for TV watching wisely.

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here at Muppet Central!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You guys are gonna kinda hate me, hehe. :embarrassed: My relative was generous enough to give me the box set for Christmas. To my amazement, none of the disks were at all out of place. So far I've only watched the bonus features and it played fine. Maybe this is the improved packaging. ::shrugs::

Anyway, I'll offer my comments on the bonus features soon. :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
have they actually improved the packaging for distribution then? or did you just get really lucky?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
have they actually improved the packaging for distribution then? or did you just get really lucky?
Honestly I have no idea, heh, I'm purely speculating. Have to wait and see. Hmm...

petrieboy

Reaction score
60 Dollars?

One of the positive customer comments on Amazon.com states something like "Sorry, Amazon, but the complete collection, INCLUDING shipping can be found for only 60 dollars with a little internet research."

Where the heck can this be found for 60 dollars?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The only way I can see the set going for that little is if somebody opened it, ripped the DVDs and the resold it. Or maybe the set itself is about 60 bucks before markup? I can't imagine it would be that high.