Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Davina

Reaction score
either way.. i'm still not buying.. til they either drop the price way more or fix the loose disk issue.
and i'd still rather not buy either way.. i just want the last season!

Redsonga

Reaction score
*Does the eternal fraggley cheerleader dance for the AUS season 4 set, still also just as officially made by HIT for anyone that has a worldwide DVD player :big_grin:*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*Does the eternal fraggley cheerleader dance for the AUS season 4 set, still also just as officially made by HIT for anyone that has a worldwide DVD player :big_grin:*
But it's missing episodes, right? My feeling has always been first and foremost having the complete library of the episodes on DVD. An uber-Henson fan such as myself would pull a bank job if that's what it took to afford the complete series. I know...not very Fraggley. :coy: It's just unfortunate that these Hit turkeys took advantage of fans. Nonetheless, an incomplete set isn't an option for my Fraggle fandom.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But it's missing episodes, right? My feeling has always been first and foremost having the complete library of the episodes on DVD. An uber-Henson fan such as myself would pull a bank job if that's what it took to afford the complete series. I know...not very Fraggley. :coy: It's just unfortunate that these Hit turkeys took advantage of fans. Nonetheless, an incomplete set isn't an option for my Fraggle fandom.
It's missing a episode "Sidebottom Blues"..and well, since Sidebottom was never my favorite I don't really miss it when it is ether the AUS season 4 without it or nothing at all for me:cry:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yes, the Australian set's lack of even one episode is a silly mistake and I don't think of that as a solution to this issue either. Not to mention all the bonus material not included.

I still believe the complete set is a special anniversary item for this year, and that HIT will resume with the season sets (Season 4 and animated series) in 2009. Hopefully we'll hear something official by springtime.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yes, the Australian set's lack of even one episode is a silly mistake and I don't think of that as a solution to this issue either. Not to mention all the bonus material not included.
I'm not saying it's the best thing in the world, just that it is better than nothing if anyone wants to see season 4 legally right now and not have to wait who knows how long:coy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If they do end up coming out with it here, I have to say that waiting a little while for it is not that bad. It will have been worth the wait to me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If they do end up coming out with it here, I have to say that waiting a little while for it is not that bad. It will have been worth the wait to me.
I don't mind waiting in itself it's just that you can never sure how slow or fast that wait is going to be..and with FR my inner five year old can't take that chance *lol*:excited:

Davina

Reaction score
i don't mind the waiting.. i mind the bait and switch they pulled.. setting a release date then changing their minds on what they were releasing after they set us all up with the single season releases.. *sigh*

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
i don't mind the waiting.. i mind the bait and switch they pulled.. setting a release date then changing their minds on what they were releasing after they set us all up with the single season releases.. *sigh*
I don't think it's as much an issue of baiting as it is taking advantage of an opportunity. This is the only year they can do a collection for the 25th anniversary. This show is a proven seller (as the press release indicated) and HIT knows a lot of fans will pass this by while waiting for Season 4. With such a strong fan base, they probably felt comfortable making us wait as they reached out to new consumers.

I also think these decisions happened at the last minute. Season 4 was announced in January (much earlier than the other three) but was shelved immediately after the Red Fraggle appearance at Comic Con in late July. I believe HIT saw the response at that event and made the quick choice to create a special item. They wouldn't want two products competing with each other, so Season 4 has to wait. This quick decision would have also required quick planning, which is why I think there was a problem with the packaging.