Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I know I keep going back to Lips, but it's funny how the least known member of the band got the most attention from photographers. I can understand Dr Teeth and Animal because they were too far back on stage, but Janice, Floyd and Zoot were in range.

I guess since Lips wasn't required to hang around a prop microphone, he could do a lot more interesting things.

But that's just my mind rambling on again...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know I keep going back to Lips, but it's funny how the least known member of the band got the most attention from photographers. I can understand Dr Teeth and Animal because they were too far back on stage, but Janice, Floyd and Zoot were in range.

I guess since Lips wasn't required to hang around a prop microphone, he could do a lot more interesting things.

But that's just my mind rambling on again...
I may have said this already, but Lips was the one I just couldn't take my eyes off of.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I may have said this already, but Lips was the one I just couldn't take my eyes off of.
And I may have already said this, but between Steve and Mike's amazing puppetry and Lips' bright and colourful design and clothes, he really had a huge presence on stage.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Which is a testament to how dedicated Steve and all of them are. It's not like they are just trying to duplicate what Jim did when he was alive. They have advanced so much in just the art of Puppetry alone that I'm still in awe of this performance.

I also love the fact that this had very little to do with Kermit, and nothing to do with Piggy. If this does anything I hope that it will show Disney that, and maybe not always focus on them and there on again off again relationship.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Which is a testament to how dedicated Steve and all of them are. It's not like they are just trying to duplicate what Jim did when he was alive. They have advanced so much in just the art of Puppetry alone that I'm still in awe of this performance.

I also love the fact that this had very little to do with Kermit, and nothing to do with Piggy. If this does anything I hope that it will show Disney that, and maybe not always focus on them and there on again off again relationship.
Too true. Too true :big_grin:

If Kermit had been a part of this in any way, the whole thing would have been simply nostalgic and kind of corny. But for some reason, letting the band become its own separate thing, created something not only unique but heaps of fun. They become a band whose members just happen to be Muppets.

You have no idea how much more of that I want to see.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Saw the live stream on Sunday and it was TOTALLY AWESOME! I managed to see it on go90's website, and it was so cool to finally see the Electric Mayhem play live in a cool music festival like Outside Lands! It was, like totally cool hearing them play their signature hit "Can You Picture That?", along with covers of "San Francisco", "Home", "Ophelia", and "With a Little Help from My Friends", which I thought were rully amazing! I even enjoyed the in-between footage during the show, such as the band in their psychedelic tour bus figuring out their GPS voice and rocking out to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and their time in San Francisco, which leads to the fantastic finale with the gospel choir for the last song, which was SO righteous! Now that was a concert for me to remember this summer, as it said in the promo. Maybe if the Electric Mayhem did more live appearances like this one, they'd be an even bigger band than they were before and even get a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

ELECTRIC MAYHEM FOREVER! ROCK & ROLL! PEACE AND LOVE!

:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:
Mean while, a small tease of the opening...
For me the opening was totally epic!

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Here are some pictures from Outside Lands!

Via TheMuppets on Twitter:

Via ElectricMayhem on Twitter:

Via DebbieGoelz on Twitter: Some of the Muppet Wives with the Electric Mayhem.

Would be cool to own one of those flags to show my love for the Electric Mayhem.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Lips was for sure walking he did it twice during Can You Picture That after watching the part again