Your Thoughts: A Special Sesame Street Christmas DVD and CD

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Tommorow is Christmas, as well as a song that should never be played on Christmas.

Seriously, Muppet Central? You're paying royaltees to these people? :stick_out_tongue:
I mean, it helps beef up the Christmas rotation. I'd rather hear anything from that album than "Camaraderie" a few dozen times more.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
After several delays, I have finally completed my video review of A Special Sesame Street Christmas. I hope you all enjoy it.

Please note: This review contains some harsh language, as well as two jokes making light of recent not-so-happy news stories relating to Sesame Street.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Already watched it, my thoughts, after all I had the pleasure of reviewing this stink bomb too:
  • For someone who initially thought he wouldn't have anything to add after myself and Morgan Leger (Vaulting) both did the special last holiday season, you really did have plenty of original jokes or at least good variations on jokes Morgan and I already noted in our reviews.
  • This was my first time seeing actual footage from the DVD and I can definitely say seeing clips from the special in much better quality than the copy of a copy of a copy that's been going around for years exposed a lot, I didn't even notice the actors stuttering their lines when I watched the special. And it shows that they really didn't try in the production values. Let's be honest, Sesame has always been a fairly low-budget affair but here it's just at an all-time low.
  • Your "Christmas is..." montage worked for me, especially since I feared it would be too close to mine in tone, but the excuse of "I can do this, too" over my "This is the true meaning of Christmas" works.
  • I just noticed watching this special again, anyone else notice Mr. Hooper completely disappears after the first song?
All in all, solid stuff. Even the jokes about Jerry Nelson (the news ticker in particular) and the Kevin Clash joke. Though who would write a hate letter so vile? :electric:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Already watched it, my thoughts, after all I had the pleasure of reviewing this stink bomb too:
  • For someone who initially thought he wouldn't have anything to add after myself and Morgan Leger (Vaulting) both did the special last holiday season, you really did have plenty of original jokes or at least good variations on jokes Morgan and I already noted in our reviews.
Thanks, John. :smile: I actually watched both videos before I started writing, to make sure that none of your jokes were stuck in my brain without their creator's name attached to them.

• Your "Christmas is..." montage worked for me, especially since I feared it would be too close to mine in tone, but the excuse of "I can do this, too" over my "This is the true meaning of Christmas" works.
I was actually a little worried of that, too. I'm glad you think otherwise about it. :smile:

• I just noticed watching this special again, anyone else notice Mr. Hooper completely disappears after the first song?
Hey, you're right! After the "It's the Thought That Counts" song, he basically just stands in the background.

All in all, solid stuff. Even the jokes about Jerry Nelson (the news ticker in particular) and the Kevin Clash joke.
Yeah, I figured that if I was going to make a joke about a real person's death, I should at least aknowledge how horrible and wrong it is. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the video. :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Another aside: I just found out Leslie Uggams' episode of The Muppet Show was filmed the week this special aired on CBS! Why do I get the feeling she and Caroll made sure to say nothing to Jim about their big special that Friday. :fishy:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I bought the DVD as well thinking it was one of the specials like "Christmas Eve On Sesame Street". Boy, was I wrong. I prefer EW: Happy Holidays WAY more the A S.S. Christmas. That may alsp be because I grew up on seasons 31-34 of SS, and am a fan of EW, unlike many other people. :laugh: I consider season 31 of EW classic (as well as Happy Holidays from season 32) and that's it. From Season 32 on, I became more of a :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: fan. I still love Classic Elmo though.

And to SuperGzilla12, your review was just.. awesome! I was almost choking when she opened the present. Aw, that's nt true. Kyle Brofloski sure does! I fell off my bed laughing! I subscribed to you and I planned on reviewing EW: Happy Holiday until I found out that the DVD was broken. Could someone post Happy Holidays online? I REALLY wanna do a review on it.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I am making Elmo Saves Christmas Review as we speak. :laugh: