Your Muppet mistakes

Walter

Reaction score
Wow, Muppet Mistakes..hmm

For one thing, I also used to call janice lips..you know, cuz her lips are her biggest feature..:flirt:
And I apologize to Dave Goelz for almost always pronouncing it Go-lez..-sigh- I need a muppet grammar teacher..:embarrassed:
And this one is kinda meh, but I used to call "Mahna Mahna" maw-namaw-na:batty:

JackMonster

Reaction score
At a young age I always used to watch Wayne's World. Like over and over again. So I always referred to Wayne & Wanda as Wayne and Cassandra

Emilia

Reaction score
Well if we're talking Muppet Mistakes then I do have a confession. I did call Fozzie 'Fonzie' or 'Fuzzy' a few times, because I couldn't say his name properly.

I also didn't know the names of Waldorf and Statler until I was eleven or twelve.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a long time, I thought the ending promo for the Muppet Playhouse Video releases showed a clip from the sketch where The Swedish Chef makes pancakes. But I recently found the promo on YouTube, and it's actually from the bagel sketch (though both sketches DO appear in the Muppet Treasures video).

Thinking back, I can think of a string of related mistakes. I first saw some of the Playhouse videos (and therefore the promo at the end) before I saw any actual episodes of The Muppet Show. When I first saw the Rita Moreno episode, I thought the pancakes sketch was what was in the trailer, and thought it was weird that several pancakes fell off the ceilling instead of one, but maybe thought I'd misremembered (and back when I saw the promo I thought it was a pancake that the chef shot down). Then I read The Muppet Show Book, which has the bagel sketch, but thought it was supposed to be the pancakes one, with the book changing it slightly to look like The Swedish Chef made doughnuts out of pancakes.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Wow, Muppet Mistakes..hmm

For one thing, I also used to call janice lips..you know, cuz her lips are her biggest feature..:flirt:
And I apologize to Dave Goelz for almost always pronouncing it Go-lez..-sigh- I need a muppet grammar teacher..:embarrassed:
And this one is kinda meh, but I used to call "Mahna Mahna" maw-namaw-na:batty:
I did too, reading the songs listed on the album Platinum Too. I thought, "MAH-na MAH-na? Now what kind of song is that???"

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I can't remember how old I was when I first saw the TMS episode with Carol Channing. At the end of the episode, Miss Piggy is wearing jewelry from her duet with Carol ("Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"), and Kermit explains that the jewelry is rented and has to go back. Piggy begs to keep just one diamond, and after Kermit agrees, she lifts up her hand and says "This one!" Carol gets all excited and points out that it's an engagement ring. My confusion at the time came from the fact that Piggy looked like she was pointing to her ear, or somewhere else on her head, when all she was doing was lifting her hand in the air.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My muppet mistakes?

I called Kermit, "Kermie", because I did not know how to say, "Ker-mit," I pronounced "Gobo" as in "go-boo," I even couldn't say "Mahna Mahna" right. I procounced it as "mah-nam-ma-na." Honestly, I even pronounced as "goal-lez." Eeeek! All right, that is all the Muppet mistakes I made when I was younger, except I still always pronounce Dave's last name wrong.