Your Muppet mistakes

Bridget

Reaction score
No i mean its ernie singing it, but it doesn't sound like Jim or Steve.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
No i mean its ernie singing it, but it doesn't sound like Jim or Steve.
As far as I know there are only 2 English recordings of Rubber Duckie: The first version, filmed for the first season of SS, which was a bit more slow paced than the other version, recorded for the Sesame Street Original Cast Album and later used on the show. That's the version everyone's familiar with, Ernie against a blue background, etc. whereas the original had Ernie in his living room.
Anyway that's besides the point. They're both recorded by Jim Henson.

Bridget

Reaction score
Oh! Okay I understand now! Thanks so much Bliffenstimmers!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember a few mistakes I made regarding The Muppet Christmas Carol, before I saw the movie, so this was based on the trailers. First, there's one scene that was in many commercials where Miss Piggy says "whatever!", her voice sounded a bit deeper and more man-like. I noticed that and thought that Miss Piggy would be put under some sort of spell making her evil and sound like a man. This was before I knew that Miss Piggy WAS performed by a man (I think I knew by then that the Muppets were puppets).

I also thought that Belinda and Betina were supposed to be bad girls, if not evil. One reason was due to them being with Miss Piggy in that one scene mentioned above, but also because the commercials showed that scene where they run up to Kermit and push him into the door, out of love and excitement that daddy is home. But when I saw that scene, I thought that them pushing Kermit to the door was out of some evil motive.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki recently started a page for Frank Oz's Sesame Street performances since others have taken on his characters, and there's quite a few appearances by Bert and Cookie Monster that I thought were Eric and David, but were Frank. I had thought Eric performed Bert in the "Sleep" number and that David performed Cookie in "The First Time Me Eat Cookie".

Dizzyactress

Reaction score
I have a few mistakes that I still make...

I thought that Steve Whitmire was Stevie Whitmire...

I also am not really clear on this one at all...

Are Floyd and Janice a couple??:sing::flirt:

cjd874

Reaction score
I also am not really clear on this one at all...

Are Floyd and Janice a couple??:sing::flirt:
Yes, they have been going steady for 35 years (in real time). In the Muppets' universe, well no one knows how long it's been.
Here's one of the best examples of their relationship. Watch for the kiss at the end. :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yes, they have been going steady for 35 years (in real time). In the Muppets' universe, well no one knows how long it's been.
Here's one of the best examples of their relationship. Watch for the kiss at the end. :smile:
Thank you for sharing, Dizzyactress. Like they're relationship has been on top and steady, man. :sing: :flirt:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
For a long time I thought that Beaker only went 'mee'. I now know that he goes both 'mee' and 'meep'.